PSA - Guitar Village BGM Sale

What's Hot
DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3909
Starts 1000 tomorrow morning. Something like an Eastman Juliet for £799 would do me, always a bit hit and miss this one but let’s see:

https://guitarvillage.co.uk/boss-gone-mad-sale
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    They still do that???

I thought that ended a few years back. At that time the genuine bargains were mostly absent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3909
    Yeah, really hoping they can go one better than DFS GuitarGuitar, here’s hoping!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    Jimbro66 said:
    They still do that???

I thought that ended a few years back. At that time the genuine bargains were mostly absent.
    Improved access to mental healthcare means that boss gone mad sales are mostly a thing of the past.
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 619
    The annual "Guitat Village temporarily reduce prices to something approaching market rates" sale. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1088
    Someone do some screenshots tonight to see if the guitars actually go down in price. GAK, Anderton's, Coda et al were very suspicious during the last Black Friday nonsense.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5428
    edited March 29
    LPManic said:
    Someone do some screenshots tonight to see if the guitars actually go down in price. GAK, Anderton's, Coda et al were very suspicious during the last Black Friday nonsense.
    Coda didn’t do anything specific for Black Friday in 2023. They’ve had an ongoing sale but stuff has gone in and out of it and the discounts have been completely legit. I know because I’m always tracking stuff and checking daily, kind of obsessively.

Also fwiw I’ve had some good to very good deals in the BGMS sale over the years. Most recents were a Fender Ben Gibbard signature Mustang for £730 when they were all around £950+ everywhere and a Gibson 70s Les Paul Deluxe for £1799. Both excellent low-weight examples with lovely wood that showed up with great setups. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3080
    carlos said:
    Jimbro66 said:
    They still do that???

Improved access to mental healthcare means that boss gone mad sales are mostly a thing of the past.
    It'll probably be renamed as the service user has relapsed after discharge sale. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4140
    Whitecat said:
    LPManic said:
    Coda didn’t do anything specific for Black Friday in 2023. They’ve had an ongoing sale but stuff has gone in and out of it and the discounts have been completely legit. I know because I’m always tracking stuff and checking daily, kind of obsessively.

Also fwiw I’ve had some good to very good deals in the BGMS sale over the years. Most recents were a Fender Ben Gibbard signature Mustang for £730 when they were all around £950+ everywhere and a Gibson 70s Les Paul Deluxe for £1799. Both excellent low-weight examples with lovely wood that showed up with great setups. 
    Same - I’ve had some great deals from them in past years. I doubt I’ll get chance today though as I’ll be on the road until ~12ish so any of the ‘real’ bargains will likely have gone by then if previous years are anything to go by.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3331
    edited March 30
    The only bargains I could see where Sterling Albert Lee HH for £284! Really nice playing guitars that would make a great mod platform. 
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2400
    Can we really call a blanket 10% "oh my god how mad is our boss?"
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    There’s only one thing I can see that would remotely pique my interest and that’s the Taylor 517e for £1749 (cursory glance elsewhere £2999 in GuitarGuitar).

I’m out.
    timmypix said:
    Can we really call a blanket 10% "oh my god how mad is our boss?"
    Up to 40% if you have a look around.
  • MSedgMSedg Frets: 119
    “The boss is mildly perturbed”
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3220
    grungebob said:
    The only bargains I could see where Sterling Albert Lee HH for £284! Really nice playing guitars that would make a great mod platform. 
    This. Fancied trying one for a while and at £280 it’s worth a punt. Most of it seems fairly average though. For instance there’s a lovely gold top Maybach lester for £1900, well that’s what it should be in my mind. 
    edited March 31
    A few ok deals if you’ve maybe been holding out for something but yeah, this isn’t much this time round in general. 

In the past they’ve done more proper “mega deals” but they’ve also hyped them up ahead of time and released lists of what will be on offer a week out etc etc. The “door crashers” are obviously long gone but there used to be more in the way of proper legit price slashing. 

This just feels like “eh, we’ve got a bit too much inventory, let’s see what we can get rid of”. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7437
    It's always been a genuine sale - no price shenanigans.

It sems these days unless something results in someone feeling "omg I wasn't in the market for one but at that price why not and I can't possibly ever lose money selling used" folks feel diddled, which is a shame. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    The last decent sale I saw on BGM was when they did the Fender Vintera Mod version for £500, but it was nowhere near when I picked up my PRS Custom 24 10-top at less than half price at £1299.
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    I looked at the prices, seems therapy and modern medicine can be hailed as a triumph in this case. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27105
    To be fair they used to do a couple of epic in-store deals each time, like 80% off a couple of properly high end things. But this was 20 years ago when marketing meant Guitarist ads and internet commerce was barely a thing. 

But it's also pretty obvious why that isn't a thing any more. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited March 30
    The last decent sale I saw on BGM was when they did the Fender Vintera Mod version for £500, but it was nowhere near when I picked up my PRS Custom 24 10-top at less than half price at £1299.
    A Core Custom 24 at double what you paid new then would still look like a bargain today tbf.