Band facts you never knew.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4189

Lewis Collins who most famously played Bodie in the late70s/early80s British action TV show The Professionals, used to work at the same hairdressers, Andre Bernard Salon, on Ranelagh Street in Liverpool, as Paul McCartney’s younger brother, Mike.

He was a drummer, and had been in a high school band The Renegades. He was at the McCartney home with Mike writing songs when Pete Best was dropped from The Beatles.

Mike McCartney suggested Collins as a possible replacement to Paul, but Lewis turned down the opportunity to audition for the Beatles, Collins opted to continue drumming on a more amateur basis, playing for a number of local bands, including The Eyes and The Georgians.

He quit hairdressing in 1964 to become the bass player for The Mojos, performing on their charting singles “Goodbye Dolly Gray” and “Until My Baby Comes Home”.

Obviously he was a true Professional

Please tell me this isn’t an April fool,that’s so cool
    True story - Honest - To be fair I knew the gist of the story - I knew he was a hairdresser and had worked with Paul's brother and knew he had turned down an audition with The Beatles - But did not know about his switch to bass and a. hit single - Found that on google
    That’s great , I remember him being in a sitcom called the cuckoo waltz which was good at the time I think I was 8 lol 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    rlw said:
    I'm not 100% sure of this  but, many many years ago on the Roger Scott show on GLR, Scott interviewed Walter Trout and it turned out that one of, if not his first, professional gigs was a guitarist for Hank Williams junior, playing country.
    Walter,IIRC, studied jazz trumpet as a young man and met Louis Armstrong. Flea and Jeff Healey also played jazz trumpet. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297

Lewis Collins who most famously played Bodie in the late70s/early80s British action TV show The Professionals, used to work at the same hairdressers, Andre Bernard Salon, on Ranelagh Street in Liverpool, as Paul McCartney’s younger brother, Mike.

He was a drummer, and had been in a high school band The Renegades. He was at the McCartney home with Mike writing songs when Pete Best was dropped from The Beatles.

Mike McCartney suggested Collins as a possible replacement to Paul, but Lewis turned down the opportunity to audition for the Beatles, Collins opted to continue drumming on a more amateur basis, playing for a number of local bands, including The Eyes and The Georgians.

He quit hairdressing in 1964 to become the bass player for The Mojos, performing on their charting singles “Goodbye Dolly Gray” and “Until My Baby Comes Home”.

True story - Honest - To be fair I knew the gist of the story - I knew he was a hairdresser and had worked with Paul's brother and knew he had turned down an audition with The Beatles - But did not know about his switch to bass and a. hit single - Found that on google
    That’s great , I remember him being in a sitcom called the cuckoo waltz which was good at the time I think I was 8 lol 
    With Diane Keen who was a sitcom staple and I had warm feelings towards her. Collins was replaced by another actor and it all went down hill. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72437
    Highly respected and rather nerdy guitar repair guru Dan Erlewine was in a blues band called the Prime Movers with James Osterberg, better known as bonkers proto-punk Iggy Pop.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924

With Diane Keen who was a sitcom staple and I had warm feelings towards her. Collins was replaced by another actor and it all went down hill. 
    Fliss and Chris!?  David Roper played Chris.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14473
    Fee Waybill of The Tubes appeared as Frank N. Furter in a stage production of The Rocky Horror Show.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6502
    Stan Collymore was the original bassist in Queen.

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3083
    Miss Diane from Crossroads was married to both Carl Wayne (of the Vikings then Move) and previously the great Tommy Vance.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11824
    rlw said:
    I'm not 100% sure of this  but, many many years ago on the Roger Scott show on GLR, Scott interviewed Walter Trout and it turned out that one of, if not his first, professional gigs was a guitarist for Hank Williams junior, playing country.
    This is dreadfully name-droppy but I've been to a bbq in Nashville with Hank Jnr's daughter, Hilary.

Sorry :-)
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9571
    Little known fact...

My recently separated band, The Sixty Fours, were comprised of a bunch of lazy bastards...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom