Guitar teachers in Oxfordshire or Berkshire?

What's Hot
gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 895
Can anyone recommend someone for intermediate lead guitar lessons / advice on technique? I'm struggling to improve and I suspect my technique is at fault but after 40 years of playing it's pretty engrained!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MartinBushMartinBush Frets: 253
    I had a few lessons with this chap https://www.peterscarfe.co.uk/

In the end it didn't work out as I started off trying to learn theory, which I found just wasn't my thing. So we switched to learning Rock School pieces and I made good progress. I only stopped when I found I didn't have the time to practice enough between lessons. I would say that the lessons got me moving (I've been playing around 30 years, although much of that has probably been 'messing').
  • LittlejonnyLittlejonny Frets: 134
    Can anyone recommend someone for intermediate lead guitar lessons / advice on technique? I'm struggling to improve and I suspect my technique is at fault but after 40 years of playing it's pretty engrained!
    Whereabouts are you based? I’m in Abingdon 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    Wallingford here
    Do you know Rory? Maybe you could get some sessions with him? Otherwise I might be able to help on an occasional basis
  • gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 895
    Lebarque said:
    Wallingford here
    Cholsey…just next door
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 895
    Do you know Rory? Maybe you could get some sessions with him? Otherwise I might be able to help on an occasional basis
    No, fraid not. 
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 788
    Lebarque said:
    Wallingford here
    Cholsey…just next door
    You Oxfordshire boyz. 

Over the boarder in Reading, Berkshire here. 
    Hello
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    I'm near Witney.

I don't do regular lessons with people but more of a 'masterclass' type thing where you come and have a couple of lessons, I give you 3-12 months of work (depends on how hard you work on it), you go away and do the work and come back to me when you have questions.

It is more for intermediate to advanced self-starters who have specific goals.
    Technique overhaul is an example of this.

PM me if you are still looking- I'm out of the country until the 5th and then into a week of gigs but can respond to messages.