Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    I heard it on the news earlier, some nice words from Midge about Chris’s role in the band and what a nice man he was. Sad. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5863
    Sad news, I loves a bit of Ultravox.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4040
    Just watched the Vienna video for the first time.  Was thinking how come I've never seen this?  Love that song (and got absolutely no idea what it's about).  I liked the hooks Ultravox had in their singles.  They were never a favourite but often somewhere on the radar for me.  Sorry to hear this chap has died, Vienna is a great song.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11874
    The main fact I remember about Vienna is that it was kept off the #1 spot by Joe Dolce's "Shaddap You Face" :-( 

I liked Ultravox.  RIP, and 71 isn't exactly old these days.
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 676
    edited April 4
    Jump jump!

RIP
  • PjonPjon Frets: 313
    Grunfeld said:
    Just watched the Vienna video for the first time.  Was thinking how come I've never seen this?  Love that song (and got absolutely no idea what it's about).  I liked the hooks Ultravox had in their singles.  They were never a favourite but often somewhere on the radar for me.  Sorry to hear this chap has died, Vienna is a great song.
    Midge Ure had never been to Vienna when the song was written, the lyrics were just written to sound good not to have any deep meaning I think. Someone involved with the band ( I can't remember who) suggested that they needed gondolas and canals when they made the video, they had that little idea where Vienna was! :D Filmed in Covent Garden, iirc?

The song and video fascinated me when it came out, and I love Ultravox to this day. Sad news about CC.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11319
    Sad news. I much prefer early Ultravox, I've loved HaHaHa since it was released.