Dead rat....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18813
    edited April 4
    sev112 said:
    WASH …. YOUR …. HANDS …. LOTS 
    Good point and even when not applied to messy wanking, it helps with reducing the spread of Weil's disease 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1175
    I had rats in the loft a few years ago and killed the buggers with some industrial strength poison that I got from a friend who is a farmer. The smell went after a week or two but meanwhile the rats were reincarnated as a plague of enormous flies that invaded the house. We discovered that the previous owners of our house hadn't properly sealed the old drain pipe when they relocated the bathroom, so the rats had their own door leading straight into our wall cavity. Good times!!!
    The proverbial "Like a rat up a drainpipe"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2769
    Just to be clear 

Weils Disease / Letoirosis phase 1 shows as flu type symptoms 

usually covered then, but often ignored by patients and doctors

but some patients develop a highly virulent phase 2 which is serious

If you work in potentially rat related waters, or have them near home, if you get cold/flu ish symptoms, TELL THE DOCTOR
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    We have an ongoing rat problem ......I have killed hundreds ......we no longer have chickens so that makes the area less attractive but they are filthy nasty things.......I killed 2 in my studio late one night and couldn't be bothered to pick them up until the morning......next morning they were skeletons .......their mates came and dined on them !
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 608
    I found one of the semi feral forest cats that must have been ill and had crawled into a barrel that had been on its side a week or so ago. Absolutely grim. Very quick burial in the forest ensued as had to make sure my daughter didn't see it as she loves cats.

I think there must have been a problem with the more recent litters as all the younger cats have vanished and it is only the big ginger Tom around who is the dad and not ill and survived a jackal attack the other year.

Any rodent in the house is dispatched forthwith. I despise mice and rats and farm cats are encouraged to sort them out outside. It is unfun having these around and the mess they make. They can do huge damage to the bee hives as well.

Of course being way out in the middle of nowhere with a smallholding may have an impact on attitudes!
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7269
    I have found that the strawberry Poo Pourrie spray works really well to mask odours.  Not sure if you can still get it.
    BillDL said:
    I have found that the strawberry Poo Pourrie spray works really well to mask odours.  Not sure if you can still get it.
    Highlighted the word of interested. Poo might encourage them no? Especially if it is laced with strawberry...

(I am only on coffee number 2 of the day and that sounded a funnier observation in my head)

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24342
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    Seems optimistic that product. "Before you go"?
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    Poo Pourri sounds like a good bet.

Got an oil fragrance diffuser on the go all the time, and lots of joss sticks. The house smells like a Hari Krishna commune, which is a lot better than the smell of shit/cheese/fish rot.

I am becoming obsessed tbh