Have You Ever Walked Out Of A Concert ?

What's Hot
Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
This is on tonight.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0074pvz

Me and my mate got last minute cheap tickets from the Shaftesbury Avenue ticket office after work for this concert as something to do.

The sound was so bad in the RAH we walked out.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 439
    edited April 5
    Sparklehorse at the Theatre Royal Dublin in 2000, the sound and performances were bloody dreadful. On the plus side, the support was the truly awesome Dublin locals Frames including Glenn Hansard. Been a monster fan ever since.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9722
    edited April 5
    I think we left before the encore when we went to see Jake Bugg at the o2 in Brum. The sound was fine but it was a very dull concert. Plus the Mrs must not have actually wanted to go (after I'd bought the tickets) as she made us late for no real reason so I was already in a mood anyway, so I just couldn't be bothered to wait till the end
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dav275Dav275 Frets: 293
    Ozzy Osbourne, in Chelmsford, back in the 80's.   
    Was due to go with a couple of friends, but they pulled out at the last minute. Went on my own, but the sound was terrible - just a wall of noise with nothing discernible.  Wasn't feeling it, so left after a short time.
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1090
    Depends how you define "walk out". 

If you mean walk out any time before the lights come on again I do that all the time, but only at the very last second to beat the crowd to the exits =)

If you mean way before the end of the show - I did that at a Snarky Puppy concert in Islington O2.  I'd seen them countless times at small venues when they were still on the rise.  At this show they were popular already and we ended up in the bleachers and couldn't see anything.  So I said "forget this, I'm going Chicken Cottage".
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11305
    Steve Vai at, I think, Hammy Odeon. It was just noise.

Belgian Jethro Tull tribute band. I think that "tribute" may have lost something in the translation.

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5516
    Smashing Pumpkins at the SECC on their Infinite Sadness tour ’96.
    I was a huge fan but they went off on so many self indulgent freestyle jams it really pissed me off and I left. 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6690
    Yes, many but I am picky. 
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1459
    Swans was the last one I walked out of. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6841
    I think we left before the encore when we went to see Jake Bugg at the o2 in Brum. The sound was fine but it was a very dull concert. Plus the Mrs must not have actually wanted to go (after I'd bought the tickets) as she made us late for no real reason so I was already in a mood anyway, so I just couldn't be bothered to wait till the end
    Jake Bugg was the support for the Gallagher Squire tour recently. I’d never heard of him before but was surprised he’d headlined tours. sounded like a modern George Formby impersonator and I’m sure he played Postman Pat at one point during the set.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2768
    At my age I wish for matinee gigs :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2383
    Yeah, quite a few. Went to loads of gigs just to see the support band....one that springs to mind was Nuclear Valdez supporting The Church....listened to one track of The Church then left. Tickets were about a fiver then lol. Also went to see Stevie Salas supporting 24-7 Spyz...left before the latter came on. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Eric Johnson somewhere in London - big influence so was looking forward to it and persuaded my Wife to meet me after work even though not her thing. 

Not a walk out exactly, but couldn’t be bothered to stay to the end, sound was horrible, his guitar tone was horrible, really woolly, and he didn’t seem to be very comfortable up there that night. 
  • WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 359
    Nearly walked out of Gary Moore at Folkstone Lees cliff hall. 1st half where he was playing 'Greeny' was plodding and dull, was about to walk out when he swapped to his fiesta red strat his playing came alive, so I stayed.

monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7334
    I was really in to Tori Amos since I was a kid, saw her loads of times and have hundreds of bootlegs. Around 2005 I noticed she'd started doing really weird pronunciation of certain sounds. She was stretching words out forever and adding vowels and it was really getting on my nerves.
    She'd put out a series of shite albums with crap photos on the covers and I was getting more and more annoyed with her but the gigs were always great.
    Then 1 year she came out solo with no band, just this shit organ sound and she was going "neeeeeveeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr wasssssssssss..........a cerrrrrrrrnflerrrrrrrk gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlaaaaaa".
    I took my wife's hand, said fuck this let's go she's doing that weird thing and walked out and I've never listened to her again since.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27064
    I left Live8 right after Pink Floyd, but only because I had to catch a train - legged it from Hyde Park to Marylebone and just got on the last one… would’ve loved to stay to the end otherwise! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6497
    Nearest I came was watching Trivium, who were supporting Slayer. To explain: whilst I am not a fan, and I didn’t love their set, they were probably the tightest band I have ever seen and I was enjoying being impressed by them…but it was so painfully LOUD. Not just on the ears, but actually physically hitting you in the chest. You’d have to experience it to really understand what it was like. I’ve been to plenty of very loud gigs…this was something else entirely. Had to leave the room.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader
    Yup.. Bob Dylan..  He was so bad me and my friend just couldnt take it any more so we decided to leave before the rush... Thing is he was supported by Mark Knopfler who was truly awesome so it was still worth going.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12905
    I saw Paul McCartney at a music festival, me and my three mates decided that getting some kip was vastly preferable to seeing him phone in an absolutely turgid set. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12376
    I saw Paul McCartney at a music festival, me and my three mates decided that getting some kip was vastly preferable to seeing him phone in an absolutely turgid set. 
    I did the same at Glastonbury.  
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    Walked out of a Fish gig in the 90's

To be fair to him it was probably me as much as it was him.

I was quite anti marillion and only went because I was given a ticket, so he was fighting an uphill battle.

I could have coped with the music but he talked a lot between songs and it was Very political,  Scottish nationalism stuff and it just grated on me.