Have You Ever Walked Out Of A Concert ?

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72390
    Hootsmon said:
    last song on Night of the Guitar tour with Leslie West/Steve Howe/Guys from Wishbone Ash/and a host of others jammin'
    on stage for the last song encore Johnny B Goode

10 guys trying tae out volume each other was too much for me and I left early
    Trying to out-volume Leslie West is unwise. I saw him at the Renfrew Ferry, with a Peavey guitar through a Zoom 9002 and two Marshall Super Leads... thankfully I was in the gallery behind the stage so the cabinets weren't pointing at me, but he was still staggeringly loud.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11770
    Philly_Q said:
    snowblind said:
    I do recall a story from around that time about Bonnett dragging some bloke with a guitar out from behind the stacks and yelling, "This is the guy who plays the bits the german can't". 
    Steve Casey, the offstage rhythm guitar playing roadie.  That was the same show Bonnet got his cock out and got sacked.
    I just laughed like an absolute drain at that!

Dredging the memory banks for other rock stars who lobbed their old feller out during a gig.  I can only come up (ahem) with Jim Morrison.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • motorheadmotorhead Frets: 27
    Think I have posted this before but Dylan at Brixton Academy was certainly one that sticks in my mind. I know it can be hard to get Dylan on a good night but him mumbling into a too far away microphone and the band struggling to have any idea of where he was going most of the time. The guitarist and drummer played fixated on where his hands were going to go next and the drummer looking for cue to wrap it up. I think I managed about an hour and maybe it got better but for that 60 mins he just rambled and mumbled songs most new and from the way the band played them written on the fly.

anyway won’t be going back for more.
    Was that around the mid or late 90's ? As I had similar in Dublin around then and did exactly the same. Went with a friend and fellow Dylan fan, I don't think we even managed 30 mins.

Seen him put on excellent shows since, though.

Worse again was Spiritualized, I think around the same time but in US. They were late, like well late. And when they eventually turned up they didn't seem to know where they were, or who they were or the why of anything. Lights on and the place emptied fairly fast.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    i've eventually walked out of every gig i've been to
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 369
    Offset said:
    Philly_Q said:
    snowblind said:
    I do recall a story from around that time about Bonnett dragging some bloke with a guitar out from behind the stacks and yelling, "This is the guy who plays the bits the german can't". 
    Steve Casey, the offstage rhythm guitar playing roadie.  That was the same show Bonnet got his cock out and got sacked.

Dredging the memory banks for other rock stars who lobbed their old feller out during a gig.  I can only come up (ahem) with Jim Morrison.
    I can only assume you never saw The Cramps then? Lux had his out at a multitude of shows.

• jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 818
    edited April 17
    Toto Hammersmith Apollo in the summer of 2011.
    Band was great
    Acoustics - so terrible that I left
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11770
    Jfingers said:
    Offset said:
    Philly_Q said:
    snowblind said:

I can only assume you never saw The Cramps then? Lux had his out at a multitude of shows.

With the benefit of reflection I seem to recall Iggy Pop was quite fond of getting his nob out on stage.
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    Offset said:
    Jfingers said:
    Offset said:
    Philly_Q said:
    snowblind said:

With the benefit of reflection I seem to recall Iggy Pop was quite fond of getting his nob out on stage.

Yes I knew someone who went to Iggy concerts and the record was he got it out by the 3rd number!
    =)
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    Almost. Radiohead at the 3Arena in Dublin. Sound/acoustics was so bad, and crowd so rude, just talking all the time. The drone of drunkards talking drowned out the music at times. You could barely hear what Yorke was saying between songs. Just a muffled sound. The fact that the standing ticket cost €90 persuaded us to stay. Put me off arena gigs for good. Though I did see Don Henley at the same venue and the sound was excellent. Different type of gig though.