Izal Toilet Paper

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12375
    Philly_Q said:
    boogieman said:
    Anyone else remember those square flat packs of bog paper that slid into a china dispenser? 
    I must admit I thought that was what the whole thread was about.  I don't remember Izal as a brand name at all, and I didn't know that kind of paper came in rolls, but I was thinking of the little flat boxes of "tracing paper" we used to have in school and in my gran's outside toilet.

The paper was nasty, but I liked the way the box fit into the dispenser, it was quite neat and pleasing.

Ah right…my old man bought Izal in rolls, I thought that was what people were talking about.  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 783
    This thread is nothing short of a smear campaign!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038

Interesting read!  I like the Civil Service investigation into hygiene differences between hard and the new soft paper:  
    "Wilson... perhaps most crucially... conducted a “porosity test”. He pressed the third finger of his right hand onto paper with a stool sample underneath, then pressed this onto a Petri dish. Would germs get through?

Wilson’s report... explained that with soft paper, people’s “fingers would be virtually in contact with the faecal material” and so “until the routine washing of hands after defecation becomes a universal practice”, soft toilet tissue simply posed too great a risk to health."

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    Outdoor toilet, frozen in winter, ripped up newspaper on a rusty nail. Ah the good old days.
    Izal was for posh people...

out door toilet ...posh poofs .we were so poor  we used to scrape ground with bare hands to dig a hole .We only crapped once a month as so little food passed our starving mouths .This lasted until my sister was so skinny she started being used in heroin chic adverts  and earned a fortune ..
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    edited April 6
    Only thing those Izal bog rolls were good for was using as tracing paper and playing a comb.

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12340
    As absorbent as a plastic bag
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18783
    edited April 6
    rossi said:
    Outdoor toilet, frozen in winter, ripped up newspaper on a rusty nail. Ah the good old days.
    Izal was for posh people...

out door toilet ...posh poofs .we were so poor  we used to scrape ground with bare hands to dig a hole .We only crapped once a month as so little food passed our starving mouths .This lasted until my sister was so skinny she started being used in heroin chic adverts  and earned a fortune ..
    Well at last we know who to blame for all the pot holes. It's all the fault of the poor... again.
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1221
    Used to be nicknamed clint eastwood bog paper in my yoof. Cos its tough, hard and dont take no shit.
    Dont worry, be silly.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bluecatbluecat Frets: 578
    I don't know how they could call it toilet tissue. They wouldn't get away with that now.
    Trades discriptions etc.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1773
    I remember it was always Izal in the bathroom at my grandparents’ house, and that was the 90s! No idea where they found still selling it.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4170
    Philly_Q said:
    boogieman said:
    Anyone else remember those square flat packs of bog paper that slid into a china dispenser? 
    I must admit I thought that was what the whole thread was about.  I don't remember Izal as a brand name at all, and I didn't know that kind of paper came in rolls, but I was thinking of the little flat boxes of "tracing paper" we used to have in school and in my gran's outside toilet.

The paper was nasty, but I liked the way the box fit into the dispenser, it was quite neat and pleasing.

Medicated my arse
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 652
    Jim54 said:
    That stuff was called John Wayne toilet paper - rough, tough and takes no shit.

swiller said:
    Used to be nicknamed clint eastwood bog paper in my yoof. Cos its tough, hard and dont take no shit.
    Made you walk like a cowboy too! 
  • Rob1742Rob1742 Frets: 1051
    Just bided and won a vintage pack off eBay for £6 plus postage.

I just fancy giving it another go to see how bad it actually was. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    They even make rolls for dolls houses.

https://www.hobbies.co.uk/izal-medicated-toilet-paper-for-12th-scale-dolls-house

Do they build outside lavs for terraced  dolls houses ?
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1939
    When growing up my mate admitted he didn't use toilet paper at all, when this subject came up. He replied, and I think in all honesty as far as he was concerned, with "That's what underpants are for isn't it". The ribbing we gave him and the bright red faced convinced me he was telling the truth in what he believed. Bet he wiped his arse after that. Surprised we never noticed the smell but we probably all stank. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12375
    Devil#20 said:
    When growing up my mate admitted he didn't use toilet paper at all, when this subject came up. He replied, and I think in all honesty as far as he was concerned, with "That's what underpants are for isn't it". The ribbing we gave him and the bright red faced convinced me he was telling the truth in what he believed. Bet he wiped his arse after that. Surprised we never noticed the smell but we probably all stank. 
    My ex and me had an arrangement with another couple of friends where we’d look after each other’s kids a couple of times a year so the adults could have a birthday or anniversary weekend away. The youngest lad of our friends was about 6 or 7 at the time and once came out of the bathroom after having a dump.  I was pretty sure I hadn’t heard him washing his hands, so I told him to go back and do them.  

“Why? I don’t need to” 

“You’ve just had a poo and wiped your bum, so you’ll have germs on your hands”

”But I don’t ever wipe my bum so I don’t need to.”

It was true and we subsequently discovered his pants were skid mark central. Worse still his parents weren’t surprised in the slightest and were like “oh yeah, sorry, he always does that”. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3751
    The only song that pays tribute to Izal that I’m aware of. 

I listened to this so much 30 years ago that my sister bought me some. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent