The Eclipse

What's Hot
DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4541
edited April 8 in Off Topic
Will you be eclipsing ?? There's a webcam at Niagara Falls which should be pretty neat
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4541
    edited April 8
    7 hrs to go on this live stream 

YouTube @worldcamlive
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    No, I think it isn't as fun watching a stream of an eclipse. 

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    Total eclipse of the heart
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72376
    There is no dark side of the Moon really.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11903
    ICBM said:
    There is no dark side of the Moon really.
    Matter of fact, it's all dark.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22897
    Was there a solar eclipse visible from the UK about 25 years ago?  I remember it was cloudy over London that day so you couldn't really see much, it didn't go properly dark but it certainly got darker and the temperature dropped.  It was quite eerie.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1137
    Philly_Q said:
    Was there a solar eclipse visible from the UK about 25 years ago?  I remember it was cloudy over London that day so you couldn't really see much, it didn't go properly dark but it certainly got darker and the temperature dropped.  It was quite eerie.
    Yes. I recall it exactly as you do. Little bit duller and a slight temperature drop.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6124
    Philly_Q said:
    I remember that well, all the birds in the sky suddenly came down to sit on the rooftops. Iike a scene from Hitchcock's The Birds. Very eerie.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4541
    Philly_Q said:
    Yes. I recall it exactly as you do. Little bit duller and a slight temperature drop.
    Me dad bought home welding glass plates so we could all see it . I remember the shadows ripling like water waves
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6685
    edited April 8
    I went down to Cornwall to see it in all its glory. Abso-lucky-footling amazing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1833
    edited April 8
    By wife phoned me to say how wierd it was in south Oxfordshire. I was in Southern Spain. We had nothing. Just tapas, beers and beaches. 
    Oh well...
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 783
    I can understand astronomers and sky watchers getting excited over this, but everybody else? Meh ...
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3010
    Timcito said:
    I can understand astronomers and sky watchers getting excited over this, but everybody else? Meh ...
    Meh?

Don't you know it's the end of the world as we know it? 

Two hours and counting, we're all going to fry!!!

(just thought I'd try and make it a bit more exciting)
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3287
    'Totality' is today's word apparently.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6685
    Tintin was the dude who used the solar eclipse to save his, Captain Haddock and Professor Calculus' life in Prisoners of the Sun. 

• roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1137
    Shame they chose the USA to be the main venue for this event, the yanks really over hype stuff. To give them some credit though, they haven't shoved an advert break in.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    Timcito said:
    Aye. I don’t really understand the excitement either. 

I saw the one Phil mentioned around 20 years ago. It went dark for a bit. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72376
    merlin said:
    I went down to Cornwall to see it in all its glory. Abso-lucky-footling amazing. 
    You must have been in a luckier part of it than me... we went there too, and it was completely cloud covered. It did go dark, but it was something of a major disappointment, especially given how overcrowded it was. (I'm aware that we were part of the crowd!)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ShrewsShrews Frets: 3010
    I was at work, we all went outside, looked through special glasses that were free with a newspaper, then took them off because we couldn't see much.

It went dark for about 5 minutes

Then we all went back to work.
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 335
    edited April 8
    That's my next album cover sorted  :)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom