SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    Will you consider a BOGOF on both ES339's?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lol, newbie alert
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
    Sorry to hear you're having to sell up. Cracking little guitars the 339's. Best of luck with your sale
  • The info from the custom shop certificate of authenticity is as follows:-

ES339AVSNH1 Serial Number CS050059

• Trotter said:
    Sorry to hear you're having to sell up. Cracking little guitars the 339's. Best of luck with your sale
    Thanks, not played any of my stuff for over a year and its taken me until now to start the ball rolling to sell - I've been in denial. Absolutely gutted
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    I always think if that happens to me, I'd seriously take up the harmonica.  Always wanted to be able to play one.

Sorry to hear about your situation, and best of luck with the sale.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Funny, had the very same discussion with one of my old band mates last night. Fucked at 41! My dad's got a lovely champ that would be great for the harp. the old boy is 70 this year and he's still going strong, nothing wrong with his hands
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    I have a Hohner harmonica from 1953 which my uncle gave to me about a year before he died.

Always meant to give it a try, but don't have the heart to use that particular one.

One day, maybe...
  • pics added
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Very nice. Got me thinking........
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Blinking Nora, that's tasty. I'd keep hold of it: science will find a cure for the dreaded arthritis, surely.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• Hand transplant from Hendrix? Tis a lovely geetar I've had injections in my knuckles a few times, they did work at first but now nothing. I have tried so many things including chilli extract cream. I've been sat on all my gear for nearly 2 years with it being unplayed - time to bite the bullet I'm afraid.

• svejksvejk Frets: 148

Have a bump, with my symapthies. Luckily for me my arthritis only affects unimportant things like walking ;)

Hope you can at least put the money towards something else that will give you some pleasure. You can always buy a new one if a new treatment comes along...

Great looking guitar BTW - I can never understand why these seem to go for less than most LPs.... far more desirable.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    Great guitar
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    You have my sympathy. As a fellow 41 year-old, I can say it's a frightening prospect to have to stop completely at this age. Hope things take a turn for the better.

If my EJ strat sells nice and quick, this guitar will get some serious consideration from me.
  • Thanks for the comments gents - my Dad who hasn't got arthritis has got an EJ strat! This really is a great guitar. My 57 Strat also listed on here is a real cracker as well, it doesn't want to be put down!
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    Wish I had the cash to buy this, I've wanted one since they came out. Good luck with the sale
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • strtdv said:
    Wish I had the cash to buy this, I've wanted one since they came out. Good luck with the sale
    consider selling a kidney?

• Hi 
    Had a very rapid onset Arthritis in early 40's and yes its a bummer and that disease takes lots of forms. 
    As the consultant I saw said oh yes you have the hands of a 70 year old post menopausal who spent her life in a cotton mill those are cotton pickers fingers. (I kid you not)

Anyway I was very depressed at the time and did not see a way forward. I had very little hand strength and very little playing stamina. 
    Like you I cleared house kept only my old acoustic and the PRS and played none. After  9 months I went back to the consultant and said I really cannot live this way I had given up at various times for 2 ex wives who both decided every time I played the guitar I was ignoring them and at the age of 42 and single I still wanted to play. 

Ultimately this 2nd visit did the trick she gave me a lot of information that has kept me playing for the last 15 years as a hobby. There are a lot of different variants of the disease but these tips worked to help get mine under control.

1. Join a gym and lift weight with whatever limbs work. The effect of muscular exercises causes the body to release loads of your own anti inflammatory and repair mechanisms.

2. Omega three is replaced  by other Omegas 6 and 9, seeds and nuts are often a feature of a so called modern healthy
    diet but fish oil based Omega 3 often help but the body preferably stores the 6/9 and discards the 3 cut out seeds nut and other obvious  sources of 6/9

3. The good drugs (they will break them out if you play the depression and affecting my life) there are a wide range of very effective Cox 2 inhibitors and NSAID. Yes you don't want to be heavily reliant on them as ultimately there is an increased risk of heart disease and stroke but when things are bad a 2/4 day course of the good stuff can often settle mine back down.

4. Ginger/tumeric/honey and lemon infusion
    Like you I tried every quack cure from chilli cream  to deliberately pushing my hands into a mass of stinging nettles, it works for a couple of days but hurts like fuck when you do it. I have been drinking this for a while now after drinking loads of Ginger/lemon Tea in Bali and finding things got better and remained that way. All this type of thing works for some and not others but felt it worth passing on. 

Ultimately if you love the guitar you need to find a way even if you just play for yourself. Yes my expectations are far lower than 20 years ago but I have learnt to say more with less have no fancy aspirations of widdly nonsense.

So these days its more Gilmour than Blackmore and if all else fails I am saving teaching myself slide guitar or lapsteel till I really need it.

Not sure this helps your guitar sale but felt  it worth saying as a fellow sufferer. 

regards Jez

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    As a lover of the old 339 (see profile pic) I've noticed this thread and have to say that they ain't the easiest to play.

It may help, it may not, I just thought it was worth letting you know as I would be just utterly destroyed if there was no other way.

Good luck mate.