NGD: Novo Serus P2 with Lollar gold foils...just as I destroyed my left hand, warning injury detail

What's Hot
UngulateUngulate Frets: 223
edited April 22 in Guitar
0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• UngulateUngulate Frets: 223
    edited April 22
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hit a pothole, then gravel, then a drystone wall in Majorca...
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    13 stitches in the middle finger, bruised all over, gravel rash galore, 2 mates rode over me!!

Tarmac SWorks possibly f*cked beyond all redemption.

And a Novo Serus P2, which I waited 12 months for has arrived....can't even get fingers round the neck at the moment!
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
    edited April 22
    Yikes, that looks painful  o .
    Did you break anything?
    I imagine it's going to be quite a few weeks before you can play that beauty. Best of luck to you with the healing.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1906
    1) Hope you heal up soon :(
    2) That's a lovely guitar, at least it's nice to look at while you mend!!

I never, ever ride without full-fingered gloves...
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4238
    Time to build a savage picking hand, I'd say! Alternate, economy, hybrid, travis.... you can practice them all without fretting a note :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    equalsql said:
    Yikes, that looks painful  o .
    Did you break anything?
    I imagine it's going to be quite a few weeks before you can play that beauty. Best of luck to you with the healing.
    No fractures, managed to keep my face out of the wall too! Just can't bend my fingers due to bruising & stitches....bugger!
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2510
    Ouch! Campag shifters took a beating too
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    elstoof said:
    Ouch! Campag shifters took a beating too
    Super Record 12 speed...£400 to replace, not sure I'll ever trust those forks again either...
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10563
    tFB Trader
    Ouch ... as an ex biker (motor variety) I've seen that sort of injury lots of times ... we used to call it doing a 'cheesegrater  handstand' ... even in the height of summer I never rode a motorbike without a leather jacket and leather gloves ... obviously on a pushbike the jacket is superfluous ... but jeez ... wear gloves!  
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3722
    Ouch. Speedy healing 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    Ouch :(. Better the back of your hand than planting it palm down and shoving the forearm bones up through the elbow joint though - I did that when I fell over while running, and the doc at the hospital asked me if I’d come off a bike as it’s such a common injury. I broke one of the bones quite badly and now have a metal bit in my arm, but luckily recovered full use of it (left as well).

On the bright side, if you waited a year for the guitar another month or so isn’t the end of the world, and at least you’ve got an incentive to look after it. Just don’t rush it before it’s healed properly!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• OffsetOffset Frets: 11888
    Pharq... that looks grim.  Speedy healing and playing.  The Novo looks seriously cool and I love the colour!
  • Ozzie744Ozzie744 Frets: 38
    Ohh, so to hear this. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Sweet guitar
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14310
    tFB Trader
    Ungulate said:
    13 stitches in the middle finger, bruised all over, gravel rash galore, 2 mates rode over me!!

Tarmac SWorks possibly f*cked beyond all redemption.

And a Novo Serus P2, which I waited 12 months for has arrived....can't even get fingers round the neck at the moment!
    That made me seriously cringe - Best wishes for a speedy recovery
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    A couple of years ago I bought a new guitar on e-Bay and a few hours later managed to slice into the side of my left index finger whilst chopping an onion. It was about 6 weeks before I could play again so I feel your pain. Get well soon.
    Ouch ... as an ex biker (motor variety) I've seen that sort of injury lots of times ... we used to call it doing a 'cheesegrater  handstand' ... even in the height of summer I never rode a motorbike without a leather jacket and leather gloves ... obviously on a pushbike the jacket is superfluous ... but jeez ... wear gloves!  
    Yeah I have worn fingerless gloves since I was a kid....gonna go full finger now!
    ICBM said:
    Ouch :(. Better the back of your hand than planting it palm down and shoving the forearm bones up through the elbow joint though - I did that when I fell over while running, and the doc at the hospital asked me if I’d come off a bike as it’s such a common injury. I broke one of the bones quite badly and now have a metal bit in my arm, but luckily recovered full use of it (left as well).

On the bright side, if you waited a year for the guitar another month or so isn’t the end of the world, and at least you’ve got an incentive to look after it. Just don’t rush it before it’s healed properly!
    Appreciate this...

I've broken my right hand, distal ulna, L humerus, left femur in bike racing accidents...just got caught totally unawares here...you are totally right...need to find patience...just been waiting so long to play rather than hold that Novo! 
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2510
    cycling gloves will do bugger all to protect your hands tbh