Gilmour touring…

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30930
David is touring. Fact.

Expect an announcement soon. 

Yaaaaay!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5434
    They updated his social media profile pics etc today and his website is now encouraging email signups - https://www.davidgilmour.com/index.html

Last time I saw him, which now feels like an eternity ago (I saw him four times on the Rattle That Lock tour iirc), the tickets were the most expensive gig tickets I had ever bought at the time. I am wincing to imagine what they are gonna cost this time around.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22999
    Whitecat said:
    Last time I saw him, which now feels like an eternity ago (I saw him four times on the Rattle That Lock tour iirc), the tickets were the most expensive gig tickets I had ever bought at the time. I am wincing to imagine what they are gonna cost this time around.
    I remember seeing him at the Royal Festival Hall, a very long time ago... I think the ticket was £51, which is a very specific amount but that's what my brain's telling me.  That was expensive at the time.  But I got it for free, so that was OK. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 284
    The Pompeii gig worked out quite expensive in base monetary terms but my son gets to say that was his first gig which is pretty cool. I know somewhere there are people who get to say their first gig was Atomic Kitten in Stoke-on-Trent. Doesn't carry quite the same kudos as seeing one of the world's greats, live, in a 2000 year old amphitheatre in the shadow of Vesuvius.

Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22999
    Yeah, but there are many people who'd be impressed that someone had seen Atomic Kitten in Stoke-on-Trent, and would have no idea who David Gilmour is.  That's life.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5011
    I went to the Momentary Lapse tour at Maine Road, Dave was absolutely all that. Awesome gig. Comfortably Numb solos up close and personal was amazing.

Saw Roger doing Radio KAOS in Wembley Arena shortly after, similarly blown away. Hearing Clare Torry doing Great Gig in the Sky live is probably the best thing I've ever experienced at a concert.

I'll probably give this a miss.

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    I could have gone to that Atomic Kitten gig. I was working up there as a contractor for a large consulting firm (the one that sued itself) many moons ago but I figured however stellar the performance might have been I'd have still looked like a predator in a girl's junior school playground. Based on looking at the ticket office queue the average age of the punters was about 12 so some ex rugby player in a suit trying to start a mosh pit in front of the stage might have been a bit out of place. 

Missing that particular show isn't on my list of lifelong regrets; no offence intended towards AK.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KultscharKultschar Frets: 46
    I cant seem to get past that intro page.

Odd page / image for Gilmour 
    I think its been hacked by Alice Cooper.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14501
    edited April 22
    Whitecat said:
    Last time I saw him, which now feels like an eternity ago 
    Last time I saw DG was at Hammersmith Odious on his About Face tour. Almost exactly forty years ago!
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4648
    Saw DG on the pulse tour at Earls Court.
    Also saw Rogers doing "the wall" in Berlin at the Brandenburg gate after the wall came down. Atmosphere was awesome 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10433
    Saw the MLOR tour for £12 at Wembly in 87 ish 
    Seen the Wall at Wembly and Roger at the o2 last year. 

Saw Gilmour doing  a few songs at Koko during a charity slot in 2015 ish 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5389
    Pleased to see this is in Off Topic, not Guitar or Music.

<stands back from grenade>
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6896
    Snags said:
    Pleased to see this is in Off Topic, not Guitar or Music.

<stands back from grenade>
    I was expecting it to be Friends in Need ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bought some tickets off Ebay to see Gilmour in Amsterdam some years back. I bought what I thought were tickets for a Saturday night but I didn't examine them perhaps as closely as I should have done. Get to the door on the night and the tickets won't scan. Doorman looks at them and says, "These are for Monday." "Oh dearie me", says I. Or words to that effect.
    "Never mind.", says the doorman sticking the tickets in his pocket. Takes us inside, sticks a couple of extra chairs on the end of the front row and says, "Enjoy the show gents."

Happy days. Let's hear it for Dutch hospitality.

Don't know if its always this way but Dave didn't look at home on his Les Paul for the opener. Definitely got the sense LPs are not the sweet spot for him. Nice thing about the front row - all that close-up detail.
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1863
    I saw Floyd half a dozen times from 1969 to the Animals tour. I think I'd better catch this one as either him or me will be dead soon.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3633
    Last time I saw him solo I was in the racket and got comped.

Kate Bush came out and did a song with him. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12389
    I’ve only seen Gilmour play live once, Wembley 1972 with Floyd. I’ve lost the ticket stub but think it cost around a quid.  I doubt I can afford the ticket this time round. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4149
    I've 'only' seen him the once, but it was at the Royal Albert Hall in ~2015/16.  It was bloody great, and I don't even consider myself a particularly big fan (though I do have a high appreciation of his work and style). I'm intrigued by the tour, but expect the ticket prices will put me off going to it, and besides, it's hard to top the RAH for a venue imo.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11872
    One of my favourite guitarists who's played on one of my favourite tracks on one of my favourite albums.

I'm trying to figure out why, therefore, I have no desire to watch him live.
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    boogieman said:
    I’ve only seen Gilmour play live once, Wembley 1972 with Floyd. I’ve lost the ticket stub but think it cost around a quid.  I doubt I can afford the ticket this time round. 

The bootlegs of that show are on Youtube and sound great (not as great as the 1974 show, though):

72:

74:

____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom