Gilmour touring…

What's Hot

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5777
    Snags said:
    Pleased to see this is in Off Topic, not Guitar or Music.

<stands back from grenade>
    As a massive Gilly fan, genuinely laughed out loud. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22995
    Neil said:
    Last time I saw him solo I was in the racket and got comped.

Kate Bush came out and did a song with him. 

That must be the show I went to.  So my memory let me down again, £45 not £51.  Maybe it was Jeff Beck at the same venue which was £51.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12387
    fnpt said:
    boogieman said:
    I’ve only seen Gilmour play live once, Wembley 1972 with Floyd. I’ve lost the ticket stub but think it cost around a quid.  I doubt I can afford the ticket this time round. 

The bootlegs of that show are on Youtube and sound great (not as great as the 1974 show, though):

72:

74:

Oooh ta, I’ll have a listen later. I can’t actually remember much about the 72 gig beyond at one time there was so much smoke or dry ice on stage that you couldn’t see the band, just the jewel lights on their amps. 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5434
    edited April 24
    New album (“Luck and Strange”) details announced on his website. One track has a keyboard part taken from an unreleased Rick Wright jam in 2007.

edit update: new/first single drops tomorrow 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14305
    tFB Trader
    I recall him working on a project with Chris Hall (accordion player) and I think 2/3 members of his Swamp Club/Cajan band from Derby - Sometime in the 1990's - Chris was a regular customer of ours back in the day
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1971
    I went to the Momentary Lapse tour at Maine Road, Dave was absolutely all that. Awesome gig. Comfortably Numb solos up close and personal was amazing.

I'd have needed a full NBC suit, gloves and wellybobs for that gig then. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    LOL

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KultscharKultschar Frets: 46
    edited April 25
    New single is out
  • AustrianJohnAustrianJohn Frets: 1698
    Whitecat said:
    They updated his social media profile pics etc today and his website is now encouraging email signups - https://www.davidgilmour.com/index.html

Last time I saw him, which now feels like an eternity ago (I saw him four times on the Rattle That Lock tour iirc), the tickets were the most expensive gig tickets I had ever bought at the time. I am wincing to imagine what they are gonna cost this time around.
    Also confirmation here: https://www.davidgilmourtour.com/

But no dates yet.
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3337
    Kultschar said:
    New single is out
    Was on Radio 2 before. Proper phoned in solo. Sounds like a blues open Mic solo. 
    Kultschar said:
    New single is out
    When I started it I thought I was gonna hear Sting start singing after that intro...
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 798
    Whitecat said:
    Last time I saw him, which now feels like an eternity ago 
    Last time I saw DG was at Hammersmith Odious on his About Face tour. Almost exactly forty years ago!
    He was still called 'Dave' back then!   ;)
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30930
    Heard the new single.

It appears to be an ode to the eternal humanistic struggle that is effective tax offsetting and retirement planning.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Timcito said:
    Whitecat said:
    Last time I saw him, which now feels like an eternity ago 
    Last time I saw DG was at Hammersmith Odious on his About Face tour. Almost exactly forty years ago!
    He was still called 'Dave' back then!   ;)
    The last time I saw him, he was called Syd!  :)

First listen……. Hmmmmm. 
  • KultscharKultschar Frets: 46
    edited April 25
    Preordered the blu-ray from Gilmours UK site which states “ Pre-order* any format of 'Luck and Strange' to get early access to future UK live dates”.   

Dont believe this is mentioned on the Euro or US website.   So guess it means a tour is prob happening
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 283
    I always felt that "On an Island" was an album from someone comfortable with their place in life. Not out to really prove anything, all the rage of youth calmed by years etc etc. I'm sure Polly could pen a few acres of heart-achingly beautiful/turgidly dull (depending on the reviewer) prose detailing the subject. DG seems at ease with his own history unlike Roger Waters or Jimmy Page who persist in rehashing or trying to re-invent their respective legacies. 

Whatever is on the album I will be pleasantly surprised if there is anything along the lines of Ibiza Bar or the Nile Song. TBF though he is his own hardest act to follow and Rog always had the edge from a lyrical standpoint. Shame the two of them don't get on anymore. There's always that nagging suspicion that if they could just manage to spend a bit of time stuck in a room together there is one more truly great album to be had.

Or I could just admit defeat and become a Swiftie.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
    Whitecat said:
    He really doesn’t need to and he seems quite good at being stubborn, so who knows. He’s only got himself to please at this point in his life. 
    dazzajl said:
    Whitecat said:
    He really doesn’t need to and he seems quite good at being stubborn, so who knows. He’s only got himself to please at this point in his life. 
    Promoters don’t like that kind of stubbornness though!