John Lennon's Missing Framus 12 String - Help required as I might need to raise $6 million

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• StuobStuob Frets: 35
    Exactly. How did it go from a Beatles guitar to somebodies attic worth nothing and back to a Beatles guitar?  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12393
    The Auctioneers description probably reads "The action is a little high but sounds great for slide" Guitarist code for "piece of shit"
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 976
    2000 for the Framus. 
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1881
    I suspect that the people who 'discovered' it knew Lennon or his family and it was given to them as a favour or for a gig and he wasn't arsed about taking it back later. It's not as if he was short of guitars was it?
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10564
    tFB Trader
    The Auctioneers description probably reads "The action is a little high but sounds great for slide" Guitarist code for "piece of shit"
    That's sort of what I'd expect for a twelve string that's around the same age as me - I doubt it would have been stored with the strings slackened, so it's probably collapsed inwards to some degree. It's not as if anyone's going to buy it to play is it?
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 932
    Stuob said:
    Exactly. How did it go from a Beatles guitar to somebodies attic worth nothing and back to a Beatles guitar?  
    If you read the article it tells you