Precision Bass Pickup Recommendations

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27220
    GoFish said:
    Anyone tried the Lindy Fralin?
    Not P but I had a set in a J for a bit and they were really nice sounding pickups. I just don't like Js enough to keep it. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1959
    By the demos, the Lindy sounds defined like the SPB-1 but meatier. Front runner for me at the moment. 
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    I have a Fender Custom Shop pickup in my MIJ 62 RI. I like it a lot, and it compares very well with the pickups in my 70's basses.

However, I would be tempted to go to Ash @OilCityPickups for one in future. Ash rewound a vintage '73 Jazz pickup for me last year, when it spontaneously died. He did a splendid job, with exact replacement wire etc, and I must admit it sounds rather better than it did before.

Rob
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10663
    tFB Trader
    Ossyrocks said:
    I have a Fender Custom Shop pickup in my MIJ 62 RI. I like it a lot, and it compares very well with the pickups in my 70's basses.

However, I would be tempted to go to Ash @OilCityPickups for one in future. Ash rewound a vintage '73 Jazz pickup for me last year, when it spontaneously died. He did a splendid job, with exact replacement wire etc, and I must admit it sounds rather better than it did before.

Rob
    Thank you Rob :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

Could anyone help me with the dimensions of their P-Bass pickup cover?

I have 56mm in length and 27mm in width, but the screw holes in the 'ears' are 66mm apart... It looks like the screw holes are normally less than that.

If the length and width are standard, I guess I could just put those covers on, but then I'd need to check the poles and spacing.
    Looks like its normally 61mm as opposed to the 66mm mine has...