We must be nearing Peak Idiocy?

What's Hot
GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3593
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11805
    Yup, that's pretty close.

We do retain the ability as a species to wipe out all life in a massive thermonuclear strike, that's probably the peak...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11888
    edited April 26
    What the absolute fuck???

* EDIT - It could have been worse.  They could have been sprayed in the flag of St George.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27638
    Greatape said:

We must be nearing Peak Idiocy?

Whilst it'd be nice to think so (and so things can only get better), I fear we'd only be setting ourselves up for disappointment.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1127
    I find gender reveal parties annoying and unnecessary in general anyway. Is it another one of these stupid American creations that people here copied?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28516
    As a non-combatant, is a gender party where a narcissist tells their friends about their embryo/foetus's anticipated genitals?

Because that's really fucked up. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6897
    edited April 26
    Sporky said:
    As a non-combatant, is a gender party where a narcissist tells their friends about their embryo/foetus's anticipated genitals?

That’s sums it up well. You could just say “ it’s a boy, but that might change once they get to choose”
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5012
    Sporky said:

Pretty much. And then their friends all tell them how special they are and how wonderful it is that they managed to have unprotected sex. ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18879
    Greatape said:
    This news might skew statistics for the method of over 50's suicides...
  • BodBod Frets: 1316
    So many people have no social or moral awareness.  Narcissism is rife.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11805
    Sporky said:

Yep - they even give you little fireworks at the clinic instead of telling you these days - then you tell by whatever colour the shit inside is when you let it off for all your friends.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    edited April 26
    I quite like fireworks, but Lady BMcH considers them a waste of gunpowder and sky. I can't honestly say she's wrong. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    edited April 26
    Contrary to mathematical theory, there are in fact not two but three kinds of infinity - in order of increasing infiniteness, or whatever the correct term is -

1. Countable infinities. 2. Uncountable infinities. 3. Human stupidity.

... see my signature.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23005
    Sporky said:
    I quite like fireworks, but Lady BMcH considers them a waste of gunpowder and sky. I can't honestly say she's wrong. 
    There's a film studio called Gunpowder & Sky.  I think it's a great sounding phrase, I don't really know why.

https://gunpowdersky.com/

Sorry, that's well off topic.
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 286
    Seem to recall a story about the Rolling Stones doing some gig where they were supposed to release a bunch of doves but they'd kept them in badly ventilated boxes and half of them were dead before they let them loose.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
    Philly_Q said:
    Sporky said:
    There's a film studio called Gunpowder & Sky.  I think it's a great sounding phrase, I don't really know why.

https://gunpowdersky.com/

Sorry, that's well off topic.
    Also from an Aimee Mann song. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27638
    snowblind said:
    and half of them were dead before they let them loose.
    Keef & Charlie?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23005
    snowblind said:
    Seem to recall a story about the Rolling Stones doing some gig where they were supposed to release a bunch of doves but they'd kept them in badly ventilated boxes and half of them were dead before they let them loose.
    They did that at Hyde Park in 1969, but they were white butterflies, not doves.  Maybe someone else killed some doves!
  • bluecatbluecat Frets: 580
    It was butterflies, I was there.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is it really a trend? The writer mentions two pink pigeons found in the UK and one in the USA. They say the birds are presumed to have been used in gender reveals, but they don't provide any evidence. I can't find many more examples on Google.

Is it a craze, or it it yet another example of one or two idiots doing something outrageous on social media and so-called journalists blowing it out of proportion?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4847
    TBF I think one of life's true great and genuine surprises should be left to be exactly that, personally. I get some people like to be organised and some people can't wait till Christmas to open their presents, but for me the best thing ever was the surprise at birth. 

Gender reveal parties are fine, but molesting animals for your self gratification is a very human trait. We should be nuked.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom