Full name on a credit card

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7295
    KrisGee said:
    Flex To Go at Wroclaw airport. They also operate in Germany. 

I googled a little bit and turns out similar rules at some of Greek car rentals too so not an isolated incident. 

Like I said it was my bad for not checking prior to arrival, but it's one of those you never check, did it 1000s of times and would never thought they'd require something as stupid as that. 
    We hire a car in Spain every year where they do the thing where you either leave a €1000 deposit or buy their premium insurance. I always cover it in advance with an excess insurance bought online but they really do push it...I'm hoping they are not also going to start this practice.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14321
    edited April 27 tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    Does the credit card also have to match the passport?  I saw a passport recently, the guy's name was so long that it just stopped midway through his surname.  I can't remember if the full name was included in the notes on the opposite page of the passport.  There's absolutely no way his full name would fit on a credit card.

Yes, it will have been. Passports only support up to 30 characters each for surname and forenames, so they abbreviate whatever doesn't fit as initials and the full name is added to the observation page, "The holder is..." full name.

I only found out the other day that race horses can only have 18 letters/characters in it’s name 
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1025
    Travelling is such a joy these days, is it not?!