Robin George

HerrMetalHerrMetal Frets: 546
Sad to read that Robin has died. Probably a little known figure but he was heavily promoted as 'the next big thing' in the rock world in around 1984/5.  His single Heartline received lots of radio airplay at the time but it never quite broke through. A fine piece of pop/rock with a great to the point solo. I have strong recollections of hearing it extensively on Tommy Vance and Alan Freeman. He subsequently worked with many bands as a guitarist, producer and engineer. RIP Robin.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HabaneroHabanero Frets: 254
    The first 'Kerrang Video Kompilation' VHS had 'Heartline' on it. Sad news indeed. RIP.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2406
    Oh no, damn, Saw him a couple of times live back in the day. RIP.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23085
    Oh god, that's sad news.  Only 68.  I remember very well how heavily promoted he was for that brief time, a handsome dude with a BC Rich.  I'm sure I've got the Heartline single and I think I bought his album, Dangerous Music.

The article in Guitar World mentions a number of famous names he worked with, but doesn't mention one album I definitely have got, On The Rocks by The Byron Band, with George on guitar, songwriting and production.  1981, so before his solo career.

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/veteran-guitarist-robin-george-dies-at-68

• HerrMetalHerrMetal Frets: 546