Picked up a new acoustic the other day

bencam1997bencam1997 Frets: 18
edited April 30 in Acoustics
Been a while since ive owned an acoustic. Currently im in a phase of electeic guitar burnout, feeling like selling all my gear and just having a sofa guitar.... so this happened

My last acoustic was a small sized faith nomad and it was lovely, decided to go similar size again and pick up a Taylor GS mini koa. Safe to say ive realised im not the best acoustic player but ive been messing around with odd tunings on it to make stuff interesting

Its got a cool top on it....

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6244
    I have the same (on loan to a student at the moment) and it's a great guitar. My top isn't as 'wow' as that one, though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2266
    Very cool. I've the non cool top version. Great little guitar. I did a folk club unplugged with it. Good volume for such a small body.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27793
    Great little guitars.  I've got one that lives on the sofa - out all the time, ready to be picked up and played.

But - like the others - mine has an ordinary top.  That one is a little bit wow!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 855
    That's a funky top, I like it! My brother has bought one recently and I've not had chance to try it yet but looking forward to it. Enjoy yours!

I have a Faith Nomad Mini Saturn which I really like for such a small guitar, one day I'll get a Mini Neptune which are meant to be better still (but sadly I will have to get rid of one of my others to satisfy Mrs C).
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 957
    Ordinary top here too, and the only acoustic I own. Superb little guitars for very little outlay and finally introduced me to the pleasures of playing rhythm.
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5575
    Great looking top! Big kudos to Taylor for making a 4 piece top. This is a vastly more efficient use of a precious timber like Koa, and on an all-laminate guitar like the Mini will make exactly zero difference to the sound. (And on an all-solid guitar, would very likely make no real difference either. There should be more of it!)
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 639
    Tannin said:
    Great looking top! Big kudos to Taylor for making a 4 piece top. This is a vastly more efficient use of a precious timber like Koa, and on an all-laminate guitar like the Mini will make exactly zero difference to the sound. (And on an all-solid guitar, would very likely make no real difference either. There should be more of it!)
    I believe the tops on these are solid. Lam back and sides.
  • SoupmanSoupman Frets: 244
    Stunning top however you look at it. One to enjoy.
     ;)