Kidney Stones

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16008
I am guessing here of course and never had to my knowledge the dreaded stones before...

Pain woke me up 2 or 3 nights ago....sickening/worrying pain out of the blue. I thought it must be the one leg squats to blame that I had attempted the day before

Pain with a capital P in the left flank between bottom of ribs and top of hip...left hand side of torso. Brutal wavy pain that makes you want yer mummy....was OK after 30 minutes

fast forward a few days to just now and IT'S back but as yet not as brutal

What do I do....wait and see if it passes or do I present to Docs with it on Monday.....what's the gig?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16008
    aaaarrrrghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tae fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    tae be or not tae be
    It's the kinda PAIN that makes one feel HAPPY 'cause they know it will pass
    tae be or not tae be
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3596
    I liked their first album, everything else is meh! ;-)

Sympathy for your devilish pain though.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16205
    I'm plagued with them
    Any Haematuria ?
    - if pain gets really bad you need Diclofenac suppository ........takes an hour to kick in but total relief
    Only available from Dr or A and E 
    Go to Casualty ......blockage from stone over 24 hours can boil your kidney in it's own piss and cause long term damage 
    you may need a stent if it's more then 6mm and cannot be passed
    drink gallons of water and ask for Tamusolosin tablets (they dilate urether to make passing easier and less painful )
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11385
    Get to A&E now, get a painkilling suppository because they work quickly. This isn't something you can leave, it can cause issues that you aren't aware of.

I speak from experience, I've had enough kidney and bladder stones to provide a decent-sized rockery.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3339
    I've had them 3 times before. The pain usually radiates to your back as below the ribs can also be Diverticulitis or Pancreaitis and so first call, get yourself a proper diagnosis.

All the best as kidney stones are incredibly painful 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 5
    Pain lasted 30 mins 1st time out (Wednesday night)*  and not so severe today (2nd episode) and lasted 20 mins or so

No peepee probs......may wait for another attack and go docs next week...it could very well be cramping and soreness from one leggy squat stuff.....

I was just a wonderin' what the procedure was regarding hospital or doctor visits as I thought most folk were just told to drink water and try the pass from their own home?

*Twas a bit weird......I was sleepin' and all of a slumber this PAIN came upon me and both parents woke me up to help with pain ( their poor souls passed years back)
    tae be or not tae be
    Kebabkid said:
    I've had them 3 times before. The pain usually radiates to your back as below the ribs can also be Diverticulitis or Pancreaitis and so first call, get yourself a proper diagnosis.

All the best as kidney stones are incredibly painful 

From midriff bellybutton to same spot round back on one side
    tae be or not tae be
  • bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 898
    I had kidney stones when I was away in Italy a few years ago.

My memory of the pain is best described by the consultant I saw back home. 

'Like being shot, when giving birth'
    Mine is like being hit in the pelvis with sledgehammer
    tae be or not tae be
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1158
    edited May 5
    I had a rather large kidney stone (11mm) late last year. When it all kicked off the pain was unbearable, I went into shock and was vomiting from the pain. My Mrs drove me up to the hospital. I was literally in tears in the car. and it took an age to get seen and have any pain relief.

Looking back the only sign I was unwell was I had been feeling very run down and lethargic for around 6 weeks prior. I just put that down to excessive hours at work. 

I had to have a stent fitted before and after the stone was removed. The whole thing was sorted and I was given the all clear in early March this year.

I would get yourself seen asap and insist on a CT scan.

• DominicDominic Frets: 16205
    they should do a kidney scan
    They should also check abdominal aorta on scan because aneurysm issues often present initially as similar to kidney stone pain ......it's one of the classic mistakes in trauma
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 354
    Do not wait, go get it seen, I went into the local hospital with similar pain this thursday morning just gone, I had a kidney stone 14 years ago and the nurse told me she had one and it was worse than giving birth (I imagine not but she seemed honest enough) so I went in, turned out to not be a kidney stone this time but a bowel infection causing my entire system to fold on itself.
     My bile duct was filling my stomach at rate of 350ml every 2 hours or so, drain fitted down my nose to empty (after 4 bouts of projectile mass bile vomit)kept me in for two nights and then released into the wild. I've had a CT scan (inconclusive but did highlight a tear in my bowel - I think thats what he said, the Dr came at 4.30am to tell me the result so I wasn't awake)) and I have to return in six weeks for an MRI as a follow up.
  • bluecatbluecat Frets: 585
    Best see your Doc ASAP or visit A&E. I have had them 3 times now and each time they were Blasted with radio waves. You will feel wonderful afterwards. Mine were to big to pass.
    They recon the pain is the nearest a man can get to giving birth.
    Don't wait get it checked out.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3339
    Re: the pain comparison, I know women who've given birth and had Kidney Stones and ALL have said the latter is worse!!!!

Lithotripsy can also help break down the stone(s) - think of it like a quarry rock shaker.
    You really need to get yourself to A&E and get a diagnosis.
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3160
    edited May 6
    I've always been told, and firmly believe in ''prevention is always better than a cure'', so obviously it's better to stop kidney stones before they even start to grow, and the easiest and simplest way to do that is to get your kidneys removed, there problem solved, you'll never have to worry yet alone think about kidney stones for the rest of your life.
    I have had one and a bit episodes in almost 6 days....my money is on overdoing things on the exercise front.....I can hardly turn up at A&E for that....er, it was sore last Wednesday
    tae be or not tae be
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3150
    edited May 6
    Without being alarmist, get to the doc asap, I had a bad attack of kidney stones 20 years ago, and found out recently my kidney function has suffered because I didn’t get them sorted quick enough at the time. 

Would add it’s not life threatening or a problem but they have some damage
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2943
    Ive had 3 over a 10 year period.  When the pain starts its usually a good 12 - 48 hours pain, coming in waves.  the pain will build over a 10-15 min cycle to a level where you scream and cry, then eases off again.   On each occasion, Ive been admitted to the hospital due to the pain and been on strong painkillers, and even that didn't stop the pain.  With a bit of luck, it passes - and you can often see or feel it go - in a couple of days.  I was then left with  pain for about a week - like I had been beaten by a rugby squad.

DONT fuck with these things - get to a doc or A&E now.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9628
    2 days Hoots and you havent been to A&E ?

Come on mate, get yourself sorted.