Fuck Twitter

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24467
So, I've got an old Twitter account from years ago.  I never really used it but it came in handy sometimes to read something referred to elsewhere.  Fast forward to this morning when I was researching a criminal case mentioned in the news and this person's name appeared in search results linked to a Twitter post.  I dug out my old account details and logged in to continue.....   Within two minutes I had been presented with posts showing horrific acts of violence linked to extreme racism along with comments enthusiastically endorsing the images.

It's been a while since I used Twitter.  It's clearly become a cesspool of extreme hate speech since Musk took over.  I've deleted my account.  Fuck you Musk.
Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
I'm personally responsible for all global warming
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28771
    edited May 6
    I never bothered with it; nothing of note can be said in only 280 characters.

As the majority of my posts prove.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11947
    It's been a cesspit for a while, then it really exploded when Elon took over.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1508
    Yeah. Left it many years ago. All the social networks are pretty bad now. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2371

My wife is an Editor (for a living) she has a range of people she follows on there and sends me the best tweets. Some great stuff. 

I'd never spend any time on it otherwise and essentially have a dormant account.

2024 is the year I have disengaged from social media except guitar and music related. I may return I may not. At the moment I'm happier without it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27303
    I gave up posting there ~10 years back but kept an account mostly so I could follow F1 updates. I cancelled fully last year on one of the days he announced one of his various batshit pro-right-wing policies  

I don’t miss it. Most of the interesting people are now on Threads and there’s hardly any nazis. Much better..!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1167
    X
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3624
    Why are you researching using twitter? I wouldnt even use Google to do research never mind social media.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7086
    tFB Trader
    I use Twitter a lot. I'm on it all the time and I hardly ever see anything nasty apart from the sickening carnage in Gaza. I use the "following" tab rather than "for me" so I chose what accounts I see, not Elon and his algorithms.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2093
    It works for my purpose of music sharing...but...I still get the crap you mention, animal abuse, violent crime....and I got suspended for commenting about Oil protestors....unbelievable really.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7300
    Used to be good when companies were terrified of bad press and you could use it to get decent customer service. Seems to have gone right downhill.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 615
    I use Twitter a lot. I'm on it all the time and I hardly ever see anything nasty apart from the sickening carnage in Gaza. I use the "following" tab rather than "for me" so I chose what accounts I see, not Elon and his algorithms.
    This ^^. I find X useful
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5708
    edited May 6
    I opened a Twitter account a few years ago as it was the only way to get a timely response from the ever useless Parcel Farce when they invariably couldn't be bothered to look for my house for a delivery or pickup I was expecting.

Apart from that, I find it completely useless and even more so, totally irrelevant.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    If, like most social media , you click on a link it thinks you want to see more stuff like that, dont click on it, I learned this with facebook, now my newsfeed is full of fluffy kittens and boobs.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19089
    robgilmo said:
    If, like most social media , you click on a link it thinks you want to see more stuff like that, dont click on it, I learned this with facebook, now my newsfeed is full of fluffy kittens and boobs.
    Sounds like you just might have chanced upon the Playboy site.
    robgilmo said:
    Got a linky? I'm more a P***Hub man myself but dont like to get tied down so always looking at options.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 6
    robgilmo said:
    robgilmo said:
    Got a linky? I'm more a P***Hub man myself but dont like to get tied down so always looking at options.
    OK, we'll avoid fluffy Domination/Discipline sites :-D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    robgilmo said:
    robgilmo said:
    OK, we'll avoid fluffy Domination/Discipline sites :-D
    Ive been trying, honest, but the zipper on my gimp suit got stuck.
    Rainbow zippy gets zipped moments - YouTube
  • ewalewal Frets: 2622
    I've not seen Twitter or Facebook for well over a year now. I saw something about bots now being a major feature of FB? Glad to be away from it. Roll on the day that real contact and social interaction becomes the norm again.
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 867
    I don't use any (anti)social media ... tFB is the most public I get with digital comms.

I see the lengths my son and his wife have to go to to protect their daughters from the cyber world and I just want no part of any of it.

Human ... what a fuqqup species that is!