X
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10301
    S56035 said:
    X
    You too. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1321
    I like it. Its good fun and decent sources if you take the time to look. Never have a problem with racism or what emp fab said re weird stuff on the feed.

You can also tell tory politicians/tw@s to fuck off which is mildly satisfying. Its also reassuring to read the majority of replies to such arses being of a similar nature and numbers really help in an ethical sense i think. 

My account is no biggy, but have had brief convos with gervais, deb meadon and a couple of other big names to my surprise. Milder names seem to respond as well and some good ethical people trying to make a difference. Vorderman is hilarious on there for example and doing a worthy job.

I also followed, with some research, gaza dr's working in gaza hospitals, gaza residents to get some what i think unbiased view of what was going on there, or at least films pictures from on the ground. Some now killed .. RIP. Point is, you can tune in to get an on the ground view of news instead of just digesting whats on media. But it takes a bit of work to sift out some guff, but no harder than sifting out reliable sources on the web for example, perhaps easier. Particularly with the gaza situation i think its an immense priveledge to be able to do that, even amongst the bots, trolls etc. Never before possible really.

Dont worry, be silly.
  • NothingOnTheTeleNothingOnTheTele Frets: 531
    ewal said:
    I saw something about bots now being a major feature of FB?
    Yes indeed. A big trend at the moment is AI-generated 'photos' depicting a variety of things: children making sand sculptures, cute animals sheltering from the rain, old ladies holding up some knitting, etc. Bots post these images publicly pretending they're legitimate photos. Then tens of thousands of other bots 'like' them, share them, and make generic comments like 'Love this!' and 'Well done!'. Presumably someone profits from this, although I don't know who, or how.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 653
    S56035 said:
    X
    You too. 
    Twix
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24676
    I use twitter because there's a lot of posting about legal updates on it.

I keep the people I follow to an absolute minimum but the cesspit still seeps through.
    I can be a bit argumentative at times so I find it difficult not to respond when I see absolute cretins being bigoted in some way.

I have a massive block list!
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1167
    X