Do you eat quickly ?

What's Hot
spark240spark240 Frets: 2096
I think I down my food pretty fast TBH…I think it’s cause I hate cold food ….that should be hot anyway… I went out with a pal recently, he had a good sized meal and cleared the plate in about 3-4 minutes…no chit chat….just straight in …hoovered it up.

Mac Mini M1
Presonus Studio One V5
 https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
 https://twitter.com/spark240
 Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
Reddit r/newmusicreview 
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4340
    That sounds like me. I hate talking while I eat. So I just tend to get on with it and eat.

I'm nearly always the first to finish my food when eating with others.

I don't intentionally eat quickly, or particularly feel that I do. More that when I eat, I just eat. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28899
    Yup. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16825
    Yes.   I try to slow down for fancy  meals, but not always successfully 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10359
    edited May 15
    I have a condition which means I can get food stuck in my throat and I need to have it removed by going to A&E so I eat fairly slowly, chew a lot, like to chat and it's a bit of a joke now how slowly I eat! 
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5571
    Yes. Mostly kittens.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28899
    WezV said:
    Actually, if I'm eating out I do eat slower. And while I'm not a world-class cook (runner up in the parish pre-qualifiers on a good day) the food I make is perfectly decent.

I wonder if it's that I'm trying to get value fir money out of the posh stuff. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24535
    I'm the world's slowest eater.  I'm always last to finish.  I don't know why!
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17718
    tFB Trader
    I really dislike talking and eating so I like to eat then talk.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10353
    Emp_Fab said:
    I'm the world's slowest eater.  I'm always last to finish.  I don't know why!

Wouldn't expect anything less from the world's greatest procrastinator  ;)

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1629
    Had the experience of seeing a guy choke due to 'Steak Inhalation' at a restaurant in the South of Spain last year. Paramedics were onsite in about 5 mins after the staff and his friends realised what was going on, but sadly it was too late for him. Apparently nowhere near as rare an occurrence as you might think.

I still wolf food down though. Slow learner I guess.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16825
    Sporky said:
    WezV said:
    Actually, if I'm eating out I do eat slower. And while I'm not a world-class cook (runner up in the parish pre-qualifiers on a good day) the food I make is perfectly decent.

I wonder if it's that I'm trying to get value fir money out of the posh stuff. 
    It is definitely that for me.

I can spend 3 or 4 days prepping a meal at home for something special,  and it's still gone in a few minutes. 

We do a fancy tasting menu's in restaurants whenever we get the chance, and I will take my time with those
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12181
    I don't.  If I scoff too fast it exits stage south within 5-10 minutes of me eating it.
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1177
    No I take my time.  I must have a metabolic condition whereby if I eat too fast I feel full quickly.  And because I hate wasting food I eat slow so I can finish everything in front of me .... and still have room for dessert.
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2361
    edited May 15
    Has no one here got any manners?

In company one should not finish eating appreciably earlier than others. It's just polite.

Come on people. Have a little decorum.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19164
    AK99 said:
    Had the experience of seeing a guy choke due to 'Steak Inhalation' at a restaurant in the South of Spain last year. Paramedics were onsite in about 5 mins after the staff and his friends realised what was going on, but sadly it was too late for him. Apparently nowhere near as rare an occurrence as you might think.

Wow, isn't there anyone in Spain with basic first aid training in abdominal thrusts (Heimlich manoeuvre) & CPR?
    Scary & shocking (for you too).
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1177
    AK99 said:

Wow, isn't there anyone in Spain with basic first aid training in abdominal thrusts (Heimlich manoeuvre) & CPR?
    Bit harsh to ask that of everyone in Spain.  Maybe just in that restaurant no one had first aid training.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24710
    I do - but I also understand that eating slowly allows the "I'm full" signals from the stomach to reach the brain, so it's a bad idea.

I get distracted really easily from the fact that I'm eating.

So if I'm reading or watching something while I'm eating I almost forget that I have eaten. Even with my favourite foods, I just don't remember having it 5 mins ago.

It's not good for weight control!
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15704
    I eat so quick I'm already eating tomorrow's food!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19164
    AK99 said:

Bit harsh to ask that of everyone in Spain.  Maybe just in that restaurant no one had first aid training.
    Fair point, bit of over exaggeration.
  • CoffeeAndTVCoffeeAndTV Frets: 433
    I eat fast if I love the food and will push it about the plate if I am not enjoying it.  The Mrs and I don’t talk when we eat.  I only eat twice a day so I’m usually really hungry when I do.