VAR vs TMO ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• blobbblobb Frets: 3107
    If you go back to where VAR came from, it was when Ferguson and Wenger were playng mind games with each other. After every match they would complain that they hadn't lost, it was the ref making mistakes that had cost them and that technology was needed to remove any ambiguity. Big money was being lost because of these miscreants getting it wrong all time. In other words they blamed anyone but themselves. Fast forward to the now, what do you see? The same victimisation of the system only this time stoopid VAR got it wrong. It doesn't matter in football whether there is a ref making the decision or a machine, the psychology of footbal always needs something or someone to blame. I suspect Rugby doesn't have this issue? 
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2008
    Skill issue.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12991
    blobb said:
    If you go back to where VAR came from, it was when Ferguson and Wenger were playng mind games with each other. After every match they would complain that they hadn't lost, it was the ref making mistakes that had cost them and that technology was needed to remove any ambiguity. Big money was being lost because of these miscreants getting it wrong all time. In other words they blamed anyone but themselves. Fast forward to the now, what do you see? The same victimisation of the system only this time stoopid VAR got it wrong. It doesn't matter in football whether there is a ref making the decision or a machine, the psychology of footbal always needs something or someone to blame. I suspect Rugby doesn't have this issue? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31795
    blobb said:

Most post match interviewees are far more gracious than this prick to be fair. 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2825
    Handball rules …
    89th minute of World Cup final (or any other game), ball is going into goal when
    - the defender on the line puts out his/her arm and stops it.  Clear goal stopped deliberately, Handball

- or it hits the defender on the lies’s arm, clearly ball to hand not hand to ball.
    But clearly that should be handball?  A clear goal has been stopped. I say Handball, even if accidental, “natural position”, and “ball to hand”.

at the other end of the spectrum, somewhere near halfway line a ball bounces awkwardly off an attacker and hits the defender a glancing blow on the side of their arm ,  almost certainly not handball,

there is a spectrum in between,  

I think this, and always was , how referees applied handball.  If that is the case, then the spectrum is interpretational at the referee’s discretion.  I would be happy with that.
    IMHO VAR should not talk about interpretation, just show video.  I don’t even think they should talk! Just show.

have you read the “foul” (or trip related) law.  It appears highly interpretational to me.  Has anyone tried to define a trip? It is not as simple as one might think

of course all of the retired pundits think they know the rules, or that their interpretation of them is the right one!