Lekato Bluetooth guitar transmitter

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2944
    I used one of these for a couple of years without issue at home, then all of a sudden one of the units doesn't hold charge at all.  They are sealed units so not possible to change the batteries.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12443
    Thanks for the responses guys, looks like I'll go for the 5.8 version. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31760
    Philly_Q said:
    Is there much difference (sonically) between these and the Line 6 G10?  I've got one of those but, in true Philly Q style, I've never used it.  It's one of the early ones which is meant to burst into flames if you so much as look at it funny.
    I have both the early G10 and a wireless Pod go, plus a Lekarto 5.8 and they sound pretty much the same. 

Despite the low price though the Lekarto is much less interference-prone, I've pretty much given up on both the Line6 wireless units as they drop out all the time if there's a router anywhere near. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31760
    I'm really thinking of picking up one of these too, our rehearsal space for the new band is tiny, and leads are a real hazard ... 
    This is precisely why I use wireless, not for big stages but for tiny venues where everything is right under your feet. 
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10863
    tFB Trader
    I used one of these for a couple of years without issue at home, then all of a sudden one of the units doesn't hold charge at all.  They are sealed units so not possible to change the batteries.  
    I absolutely HATE the modern tendency to use non replicable internal batteries ... and I'd much prefer if the units took AA or lithium cells ... there are loads of the latter in small formats in use in the photo industry. I think the only way to see these at the moment is as a cheap/disposable system that will give two or three years of life for not much money.

Ultimately I really believe that 'the right to repair' needs to be hammered into manufacturers ... and possibly even a extra punitive tax put on the import of non reparable electronic goods.  
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • I had a G20 (broke) and now a Lekato 5.8GHZ. Functions great, practical, fast charging and decent battery life. I do prefer the sound of a cable, though. Definitely has more body, and I find these a little bright on a gig and have to compensate. Would the average person down the pub notice? I doubt it.  
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 548
    I've been using the lekarto 5.8 for a couple of years and found it great. Battery life is great and zero interference issues or drop outs.
  • I've said this before, but mine packed up after about half a dozen uses. So do keep your documentation etc if you have to report to the manufacturer. I didn't and lost my money.