Well… it was not ancient aliens after all…

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5879
    Taylor Wimpey got the contract IIRC.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3235
    ICBM said:

Exactly, we've all seen the proof that aliens where involved in the building of the pyramids, there's numerous documentaries about it, Stargate, Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, and several others.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2268
    I saw a documentary an actual one years ago. ⁹ that looked at the construction on the sphinx. Some whacky scientist (other scientists opinion) was trying to prove that the heads were carved over an existing statue. He had two reasons, one the head was a disproportionate size to the body and the other proven (sort of) by going to a weather expert. He showed him a small part of the body and said what is it? The expert said classic erosion by water. He then was showed the whole picture and said not going there. Go away.

So years later suprise suprise there was a lot more water in ancient Egypt that conventional wisdom allowed.
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3235
    slacker said:
    I saw a documentary an actual one years ago. ⁹ that looked at the construction on the sphinx. Some whacky scientist (other scientists opinion) was trying to prove that the heads were carved over an existing statue. He had two reasons, one the head was a disproportionate size to the body and the other proven (sort of) by going to a weather expert. He showed him a small part of the body and said what is it? The expert said classic erosion by water. He then was showed the whole picture and said not going there. Go away.

So years later suprise suprise there was a lot more water in ancient Egypt that conventional wisdom allowed.

They didn't have more water, the Nile has shifted, or to a bit more precise the branch of the Nile that used to be there, has shifted to a different location.

The Egyptian pyramid chain was built along the now abandoned Ahramat Nile Branch

The courses of natural water ways, things like rivers and streams, move over time, and they move to the path of least resistance/most efficient, you can actually predict this by the both the shape of the water way, as well as how the movement of water is eroding the banks of the water way,  A constant trickle of water will erode solid granite given enough time.  Remember, Bruce Lee said, ''Be Water''.
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2392
    swiller said:
    It’s just a 3d big plectrum. I think they just dug it out after it got covered by a sandstorm.
    You’re just being picky now. 
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3680
    slacker said:

I watched this, I seem to recall it being made by Robert Duvall , or something like that. He claimed that the sphynx was made just after the last ice age contrary to all the evidence that suggested otherwise.

Aliens,
    An alien race came all this way , built a pyramid, then left leaving no other trace of their visit, because, well , aliens.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3732
    robgilmo said:
    slacker said:

I watched this, I seem to recall it being made by Robert Duvall , or something like that. He claimed that the sphynx was made just after the last ice age contrary to all the evidence that suggested otherwise.

Aliens,
    An alien race came all this way , built a pyramid, then left leaving no other trace of their visit, because, well , aliens.
    They can’t have been that good aliens either.. they took numerous attempts to get it right.. stepped pyramids, the they tried a triangular one but it was too steep and tall so they changed the angle half way up…the bent pyramid.  Doh..