What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16036
Where is the funny dude...him OK?

No show since DEC
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19252
    Hope he's doing OK, don't know him in real life. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16036
    He's as sharp as a tack and as daft as a brush
    tae be or not tae be
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16257
    I miss his contributions and insight
    i've been listening out for him on Gardners Question Time but not a squeek as yet
    Maybe start a thread about Ylvis  "The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?)" ?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27826
    Hope he's doing OK, don't know him in real life. 
    Having read some of his posts, I'm not sure that you'd find him anywhere "in real life".
    :D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5199
    Rumour has it, the transit failed its last MOT…. B)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16036
    He does not  have a Transit....he goes everywhere on a lawnmower
    tae be or not tae be
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7595
    edited May 19
    To bridge the gap until he makes an appearance again I will post an insightful paragraph in the style of the intriguing Sambostar:

Primates in laboratory cages have cigarettes taped into their mouths and cosmetics plastered on their faces, and children that have never seen a bulldozer are running barefoot and terrified away from tree loggers.  While people here complain about cryptosporidium in their crystal clear piped drinking water, kids walk miles to polluted waterholes on arid dusty paths. Politicians slouch and sleep in parliament and don't care as long as they get their free whisky. Drops of rain falling on leaves calm the senses while backfiring cars and quad bikes startle like a barrage of artillery shells.  You can hardly get a doctor's appointment and let's hope you don't need your teeth fixed. Long lines of cars and trucks edge forward inch by inch on congested roads.  Are they all going to the same place? Why do some people have longer torsos than others? Asian hornets are invading us. It will soon all be over. People wonder why shoes are so expensive.  Walking is a luxury. We don't need privately owned islands but at least you don't need shoes on the beach. The Thames now has fish in it, but it could flood London like it did in 1953. The Netherlands got it right.
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24593
    Calling @Sambostar !!
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12472
    BillDL said:
    To bridge the gap until he makes an appearance again I will post an insightful paragraph in the style of the intriguing Sambostar:

Primates in laboratory cages have cigarettes taped into their mouths and cosmetics plastered on their faces, and children that have never seen a bulldozer are running barefoot and terrified away from tree loggers.  While people here complain about cryptosporidium in their crystal clear piped drinking water, kids walk miles to polluted waterholes on arid dusty paths. Politicians slouch and sleep in parliament and don't care as long as they get their free whisky. Drops of rain falling on leaves calm the senses while backfiring cars and quad bikes startle like a barrage of artillery shells.  You can hardly get a doctor's appointment and let's hope you don't need your teeth fixed. Long lines of cars and trucks edge forward inch by inch on congested roads.  Are they all going to the same place? Why do some people have longer torsos than others? Asian hornets are invading us. It will soon all be over. People wonder why shoes re so expensive.  Walking is a luxury. We don't need privately owned islands but at least you don't need shoes on the beach. The Thames now has fish in it, but it could flood London like it did in 1953. The Netherlands got it right.
    You missed out “Anyway, I’m on my fifteenth can of Tenants, it’s not as good as it used to be. Pishwater nowadays. And the Transit needs welding and new brakes again.”
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5199
    Emp_Fab said:
    Calling @Sambostar !!
    You need to say his name 3 times for it to work….I actually came to Thefretboard for the guitars, but ended up staying for @Sambostar ; =)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1280
    BillDL said:

Primates in laboratory cages have cigarettes taped into their mouths and cosmetics plastered on their faces, and children that have never seen a bulldozer are running barefoot and terrified away from tree loggers.  While people here complain about cryptosporidium in their crystal clear piped drinking water, kids walk miles to polluted waterholes on arid dusty paths. Politicians slouch and sleep in parliament and don't care as long as they get their free whisky. Drops of rain falling on leaves calm the senses while backfiring cars and quad bikes startle like a barrage of artillery shells.  You can hardly get a doctor's appointment and let's hope you don't need your teeth fixed. Long lines of cars and trucks edge forward inch by inch on congested roads.  Are they all going to the same place? Why do some people have longer torsos than others? Asian hornets are invading us. It will soon all be over. People wonder why shoes re so expensive.  Walking is a luxury. We don't need privately owned islands but at least you don't need shoes on the beach. The Thames now has fish in it, but it could flood London like it did in 1953. The Netherlands got it right.
    Well, if that’s not a challenge for an AI image generator I don’t know what is…

Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 5
    Username Sambostar, Location Southampton, Joined November 2013, Visits 5,637, Last Active : June 4
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/267429/bc-rich-tremolo-post-spacing-rerouting-and-gluing-in-a-bit-of-wood-in-a-recessed-trem-body#latest

It's Alive!!  

• OffsetOffset Frets: 12305
    I've always had a problem with his handle if I'm honest.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3341
    Maybe he got sober and realised he was wasting time on this forum..

in fact that’s one of the better case scenarios. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1528
    Offset said:
    I've always had a problem with his handle if I'm honest.
    This.
    ^ Yeah, I suppose Bostar is a fairly unusual surname.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7595
    I always thought he was using the name of that place in Bosnia ...... or was it Serbia ....... you know, the town with all the red roof tiles and the really high and much photographed arched stone bridge with the beautiful river running below.
  • horsehorse Frets: 1591
    BillDL said:
    I always thought he was using the name of that place in Bosnia ...... or was it Serbia ....... you know, the town with all the red roof tiles and the really high and much photographed arched stone bridge with the beautiful river running below.
     Mostar?