Parking Charge Notice.... appeal?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3348
    Thread hijack..

my Wife has just received a £100 PCN from who manages East Midlands Airport..  shows her stopped in a lane for 32 seconds with 2 big road signs in front of her.. She was reading where to go to pick up my lad from the airport, found the way to go then picked my lad up paid the £6 (contactless so have proof) as it was less than 15 mins and went..

reason for charge is no stopping in a stopping area, she is literally in a lane, does that mean when the place is super busy and traffic is stop/start 1000s of cars get this PCN??
    What was she checking for 32 seconds in a live lane? her phone? 
    Nope, the plethora of signs in front of her. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricky50ricky50 Frets: 160
    I've posted this approach on here before and it's worked for me.  Write them a short letter apologising for stopping longer than you intended and didn't know there was a penalty and that you are sending them £10 as a reasonable penalty (must use the word reasonable).  Then pay the £10 straight into their account. They will give up at that point as it will cost them large bucks to take you to court and because you've been reasonable they know they may not win so they'll just give up.  If they don't send the money back to you then you know it's sorted and move on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom