Any Ritchie Sambora Fans looking for a new guitar

Comments

• RunDMBRunDMB Frets: 2
    Wow! Yes, but not at that price!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6982
    If it is what they say it is I don't think that's extortionate. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12384
    If you're wealthy and dumb, crack on.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23533
    I'm not a Richie fan but I think it looks cool with the Lace Sensors, and no silly stars on the fretboard.  Shame they didn't include a big picture of that provenance document.
  • BobHillmanBobHillman Frets: 181
    Richie Sambora once said "You can never have too many guitars or too much money" which I agree with, wholeheartedly.

So why is it in Woking?(Ex-Paul Weller Rickenbackers would be more plausible)
  • topdog91topdog91 Frets: 382
    edited May 21
    I'd have it if it had a lower key alligator case, red alligator is so tacky 
    Brian Moore MC1 / i9.13p, Chapman ML-2 / ML-3, Fender 1977 Strat Hardtail / Richie Kotzen Telecaster, Peavey Predator / T-60, PRS SE Akerfeldt / Akesson , Squier Classic Vibe 60s Strat, FSR Custom Tele x2, Simon & Patrick Folk Cedar
  • randellarandella Frets: 4374
    Philly_Q said:
    I'm not a Richie fan but I think it looks cool with the Lace Sensors, and no silly stars on the fretboard.  Shame they didn't include a big picture of that provenance document.
    Yeah I really like it, cool guitar and a good backstory too. Dunno about £25k but, to be fair, it's not my world. 

It should be said I am a Richie fan, and still associate him with that white Kramer with the gold Floyd and star inlays from one of the videos (Living on a Prayer?)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17854
    tFB Trader
    If you watch the Disney Plus Bon Jovi documentary I think he's playing it in the video clip of him promoting Stranger in this Town on a TV chat show.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12384
    Offset said:
    If you're wealthy and dumb, crack on.
    I was a little more dismissive than I intended to be with the above post, apologies.  I still think that's a ludicrous amount of money, but each to his own I guess.  Maybe Mr ERS will snap it up and then we'll REALLY see a price to moan about :-)
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 954
    The letter/certificate is New Kings Road Vintage Guitar Emporium which is not unknown for having high profile customers. Very easy to check the authenticity with them also presumably…not that I’m gonna shell out that kind of dosh!
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1766
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3254
    I have my doubts, there have been several versions of Sambora's sig Strat released over the years with different fret markers, at least two different styles of star inlays, as well as the standard ''dot'' fret markers, and these different ''versions'' where available in the 90's.