Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Just saw a bloke throw this into a skip

What's Hot
jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12415
Gutted, he threw it about a 15 foot drop into a skip at our council tip, I couldnt get out of the car quick enough to stop him,I asked him if it was working and he said it was. The staff at the tip wouldnt retrieve it for me. Im a little bit pissed off...........
"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27667
    You did well to get such a decent pic of it.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    21reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4602
    ^haha!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I used to have one of those and they were surprisingly good.  

You tend to thing with the shit that sells on EBay and all that people don't throw anything away but I am still amazed by what I pick up out and about.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72572
    Idiots throw away good stuff all the time.

Lucky it wasn't a 60s AC30 or something...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Those old Yamaha SS amps have some fabulous clean sounds to that and actually take pedals very well. 

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15615
    I like a nice bit of skip diving myself. Got some great stuff t'other day skip diving s jewellers shop in mayfair.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• ADPADP Frets: 184
    That would've been really cool to pick up for nothing. Mike Stern has used one of those as half of his stereo setup for the past three decades or so. It's only recently that he's switched to a pair of Fender Twin Reverb reissues, and I think that's just what he gets venues to provide when he can't bring his own gear.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    Damn !  Those old Yamaha s/s amps are good.  Mike Stern still uses one I think.

They are rare and command a premium on Ebay.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • VimFuego said:
    I like a nice bit of skip diving myself. Got some great stuff t'other day skip diving s jewellers shop in mayfair.
    I fear we may be talking about different activities; Are you sure that didn't actually involve driving a skip lorry through the front window?
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15615
    VimFuego said:
    I fear we may be talking about different activities; Are you sure that didn't actually involve driving a skip lorry through the front window?
    Christ, you sound just like that fucking judge now.
    :x

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4602
    @Heartfeltdawn your profile thumbnail looks like a hairy man with boobs
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    Check local Gumtree, said council staff will have retrieved it as soon as they'd refused to do it for you and you'd gone!  
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3637
    ESchap said:
    Check local Gumtree, said council staff will have retrieved it as soon as they'd refused to do it for you and you'd gone!  
    Yep.

Down my local dump they have a little hut full of good gear they have retrieved.

No amps or guitars though - I checked. 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Oh wow. I had the head version of this once. They're pretty damn good.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    ....pikey geezers would have been in there like a flash to hoik this out to resell it on the side, usually alongside the little display of potted plastic flowers in front of their portacabin...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

(I may have to change the Dyno labels however...)

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Gassage;421053" said:
    This is why I buy Pete Cornish- given my history with violent other halves, throwing a Cornish pedal off the Shard wouldn't damage it...

But imagine the cost of repairing the 3 foot deep hole created by the cornish hitting the pavement.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30945

Gassage;421053" said:
    This is why I buy Pete Cornish- given my history with violent other halves, throwing a Cornish pedal off the Shard wouldn't damage it...

But imagine the cost of repairing the 3 foot deep hole created by the cornish hitting the pavement.
    This is true. There are flight data recorders that are less well made.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• If it was a council worker or similar sometime they have to throw stuff away or if they take it it can be seen as a bribe etc. My father, years ago, had to do a house clearance and there was a full size snooker table there that he had to get rid of. Obviously it was too big for our house anyway but if he did keep it he would have lost his job. So, he put a sledge hammer to it :( 

These tables are very valuable indeed and very heavy of course 'cos of the slate but he had to break it up even though he was told later that they cost around £20,000. That was a long time ago.

Sorry if that has gone off subject but I felt it was kind of connected :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72572
    edited November 2014
    I've heard the same about council workers smashing up a valuable old grand piano in a house clearance as well, due to "the rules".

Sickening really.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom