Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Let's hear your Pedalboard

What's Hot

Comments

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    Surprised I didn't post this last week... Mr. Black Thunderclaw sounds pretty big when it makes its appearance.

Started to quickly design an H9 patch to open the set with yesterday too; this is a pretty great collection of noises.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4534
    My boarrrdd can be heard in track number 2 here

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited June 2016
    Not been in this thread a while! @Gavrichlist still making interesting noises :) both those are great!

Here's my first look at toneal recal Oh and my first use of the two notes reload, so all sounds are my pleximan direct into desk, with WOS 3 providing Cab models. Only effect is the Tonal Recal. Was done really quickly

Left clean is a short delay mode, tone at 70%, but tapped 16ths, with fast mod, low depth
    Right clean is long delay mode, with quarter note tapped - no mod and tone at 50%
    Center lead is Both setting with a little slow modulation 
    Center bad is long, with tone rolled off, no modulation

Doesn't even begin to explore the mod side or the switches, but I think this a wonderful sounding delay.

• stefken147stefken147 Frets: 51
    Did a wee comparison of dotted 8 delays recently before I sold the Diamond mljr. Apologies for the sloppy playing!

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    I only just found this thread. 
    What a treasure trove!!
    Actually got around to doing something with the helix yesterday. 

• johnonguitarjohnonguitar Frets: 1243
    Actually got around to doing something with the helix yesterday. 

Sounds cool man!
    edited July 2016
    @thomasross20 my pleximan attenuated to zero via the torpedo reload. Cab sim and FX added in helix... 

This is A Brunetti Pleximan, attenuated to zero via a two notes Torpedo. It's then fed into Helix Mic input. Cab modelling and fx then added from the helix, audio taken over USB to logic and reocrded.
    Bass is a helix preset, drums are logic drummer

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Shiiiiiit, that sounds great! 
    Well, some of my pedalboard is involved here, so it was a tenuous enough link to share....

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @GavRichList that's really awesome, and kind of topical for me at the moment. How would you advise a guitarist looking to get into synths? And where would you start? I'm big into big epic pad sounds and haven't got a clue where to start really.

What synths are those and which are your favourites?

Sounds really nice by the way and looks like an awesome setup!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    @jonathanthomas83 well then. Sounds like you want a poly over a mono if you want the big pad sound. Korg Minilogue looks a great option for the cash. I have a Moog Sub 37 and a Sequential Prophet 6, and love them both to bits - very different beasts. The Prophet is a Poly, the Sub 37 is a mono. (Well, it's paraphonic, but basically mono)

As as for advice, throw yourself in. Do some reading, watch some videos, and learn the basics of synthesis - worth the investment as it'll help you create the sounds you want to if you understand how they're made. Then it's spectacularly fun and rewarding. 
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    @Jonathanthomas83 I was in the same position as you at the start of the year

I went for the Yamaha Reface CS and love it - the multisaw mode with detune and the sub engaged sounds stunning for big pads
    Stop crying, start buying
  • @GavRichList @Moss I really appreciate you taking the time to advise. It's not as much of a worm hole as I expected. The same old names are cropping up and the basic theory has sunk in already, I'm surprised by that as the nature of a synth seems so complex.

Gassing over a Prophet 6 now! Haha. 

Thanks again

@jonathanthomas83 ha! Yeah, that's a spenny one the Prophet 6.... Bloody lovely though. 
  • @GavRichList my thoughts exactly! :-)

• back to guitar. No honestly, it's guitar.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • New small (much smaller) board. Playing about with some sounds and thought I'd add this. Only 2 pedals used here and is definitely helping me focus more on improving my playing rather than hide behind pedals.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    edited December 2016
    Some great stuff by all you guys in this thread, inspirational I wouldn't mind giving this sort of "texture" or ambient playing a go for leads etc in my band - I'm not a huge fan of guitar solos as a whole. I kinda feel like I'm putting them in for the sake of it and regurgitating the usual noodling rather than adding anything interesting. Where do you start with stuff like this though? I have a DD7 that should get me by for now but its the actual playing/chords etc I struggle to think outside the box with I think! fwiw my band is kinda heavy stoner rock/grungy so it's the heavier side of things rather than light and delicate ambient, if that makes sense! Any lessons/videos etc that help would be awesome :)
  • TTBZ said:
    Some great stuff by all you guys in this thread, inspirational I wouldn't mind giving this sort of "texture" or ambient playing a go for leads etc in my band - I'm not a huge fan of guitar solos as a whole. I kinda feel like I'm putting them in for the sake of it and regurgitating the usual noodling rather than adding anything interesting. Where do you start with stuff like this though? I have a DD7 that should get me by for now but its the actual playing/chords etc I struggle to think outside the box with I think! fwiw my band is kinda heavy stoner rock/grungy so it's the heavier side of things rather than light and delicate ambient, if that makes sense! Any lessons/videos etc that help would be awesome :)
    See Sonic Youth and MBV for reference