Tiny extra amp? What is available?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• rprrpr Frets: 310
    i bought a zoom G1ON recently for the very same purpose. it's a smaller and cheaper wee brother to the afore mentioned G3. Has shed loads of sounds culled from the G3 and the MS series-got another 25 added with a recent update. the'normal' guitar sounds are good, esp with a bit programming and the weirder sounds also have their uses. Also has an aux input, for MP3 players etc, that neither of the other two have. 
    It has a drum machine and a looper- tis good fun creating backing tracks with the bass sim, organ , shimmer reverbs etc.
    Good battery life and works with a bog standard PSU. Also sounds good into an amp.
    I keep mine in a shoe size box ,in  a unit next to my chair, with a lead, headphones , spare batteries and PSU, just pull it out, when I fancy a blast.
    Cost £49 at the time, but a Google might get one cheaper. There's a more expensive model with an expression pedal, but i personaly wouldn't bother-be as well getting a used G3 for the same money
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    Wow, didn't know the G1ON had a shimmer or organ effect. The G3 doesn't :(
  • I'm umming and ahhing about the blackstar fly, £49 new to me sounds about right for a sub-combo amp with a little speaker and headphone out. When I see things like the vox and roland amps suggested above that sell for almost double that, I can't help but think I'd rather buy a used decent combo like a fender mustang or whatever. I also have a boss micro BR-80 which is really good for headphone practice, especially with a drum track. You need to tame a few of the presets though. It would nice if it had a speaker  (which is essentially the boss JS-10 jamstation which costs about £300...it has the same software etc. £200 extra is a bit much to add speakers to it!) hence why I am thinking about the blackstar... I could even use the blackstar to output the backing track from the BR-80 and avoid using the COSM amp stuff.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I am loving my G3 so far, with headphones or through the amp.
    The dirt pedals are excellent, once you spend some time tweaking them. The default settings for each can at first make them sound a bit rough but i havn't found one yet that can;t be tweaked into sounding awesome.
    This is truly amazing value for money and to do everything i need from silent practice to gigging is just mind blowing to me
  • sw67sw67 Frets: 231
    I have ordered a line 6 amplify tt for using with headphones on the couch. Its going to replace a tascam gt-1. You need to have a ipad/ iphone or android as well
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    Yamaha THR5 or 10 is perfect for this, it even looks good on a coffee table, run off batteries, and if your wife wants to use it as speakers for her phone, she can.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4701
    Fatfingers;425969" said:
    I have a Blackstar HTR-1 sat gathering dust. Apart from the dust it's like new. Yours for £100 plus carriage. I have the original box and packaging.

I might even dust it off.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4701
    Sorry, meant to quote the above to say to say that that sounds like a very good deal.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3625
    rpr said:
    i bought a zoom G1ON recently for the very same purpose. it's a smaller and cheaper wee brother to the afore mentioned G3. Has shed loads of sounds culled from the G3 and the MS series-got another 25 added with a recent update. the'normal' guitar sounds are good, esp with a bit programming and the weirder sounds also have their uses. Also has an aux input, for MP3 players etc, that neither of the other two have. 
    It has a drum machine and a looper- tis good fun creating backing tracks with the bass sim, organ , shimmer reverbs etc.
    Good battery life and works with a bog standard PSU. Also sounds good into an amp.
    I keep mine in a shoe size box ,in  a unit next to my chair, with a lead, headphones , spare batteries and PSU, just pull it out, when I fancy a blast.
    Cost £49 at the time, but a Google might get one cheaper. There's a more expensive model with an expression pedal, but i personaly wouldn't bother-be as well getting a used G3 for the same money
    Thanks @rpr that looks like just the thing I am looking for.

I wanted something small I could stuff down the side of the chair and all the effects, amp sims, drum sounds and looper sound just the biz.

I see they have them for £43.99 inc at GAK so that will be going on the Christmas list! 
    :)