EL84 valves

FatfingersFatfingers Frets: 500
Does anyone know what these are? It claims they're military valves but doesn't mention any manufacturer.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    They look like bog standard Sovteks to me. They have the typical 'funnel' getter holder and the plate structure looks the same.

They may well be 'new old stock' as in being not made very recently, but they're still modern-production valves so the 'NOS' is a bit misleading. The Soviet military certainly used them, so that's not likely to be wrong.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    Pretty certainly the old Sovtek "black plates".  These have a strong following over on AX84, where funnily enough there is much discussion about all thing EL84 and the amps you might build to put them in.
  • Thanks. I need a pair for the Ampmaker P1800 kit I've just taken delivery of.