Laney cub12r crapping out

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4729
    Losing volume and distorting. I had that on mine. It was a loose connection on one of the tube holders, which was fixed under warranty.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Voxman said:
    Losing volume and distorting. I had that on mine. It was a loose connection on one of the tube holders, which was fixed under warranty.
    I took it to a tech in Edmonton, he reckons its something like that.  re warranty, I bought this used a while ago, no receipt or paperwork, having dealt with laney in the past cant be asked to jump through hoops
    Voxman said:
    I took it to a tech in Edmonton, he reckons its something like that.  re warranty, I bought this used a while ago, no receipt or paperwork, having dealt with laney in the past cant be asked to jump through hoops
    Out of interest, which tech in Edmonton?  If it's Malcolm Hines he's a really good guy that does all my guitars and amps.  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • yes, Malcolm. seems to know what hes talking about.
    Your cub is in safe hands!
  • UPDATE
    at techs couldnt get it to fail, he kept it a few days, tried to get it to fail but couldnt, inspected all solder joints and connections but couldnt find any faults. I got it back tuesday and have played it various volumes and long length of times but its behaved itself. So until it dies again theres not much else i can do, but keep playing it. Will gig it in a couple of weeks, obviously with backup close at hand.