Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Home use amps

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6399
    edited December 2014
    Because I want a little something to noodle through quietly or headphone volume, and space is tight.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3641
    For a small amp I've had a little Mustang I for some time now.

Some nice amp models on the cleaner end of things and a myriad of effects too. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10732
    I use a 100w 4x12 valve amp and cab, with a volume pedal in the loop.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Marshall mg15cfr
  • Been using a vox pathfinder for years, its a great little bedroom amp. Prior to that was using one of the old brown leather roland cubes and that was also super. Also those little zt lunchbox amps are supposed to be pretty danged good.
  • Line 6 amplifi could be a good choice, I'm getting the fx100 floorboard for chrimbo and I can't wait to see what it sounds like through my dynaudio's. Also marshall sl5's are nice at home ;)
  • NomadNomad Frets: 549

Mine was a Laney Cub 10 at first, but I'm now using a stereo valve hi-fi power amp into a pair of V30-loaded Harley Benton 1x12s. The amp has no tone controls or voicing, so there's a Zoom G3X for the guitar amp tones (with some stereo pedals between the Zoom and the amp). The amp sims I use the most are the Fender Twin for clean and Marshall Plexi for crunchy, and occasionally the Bassman for a softer crunch. I flit between having the cab models on and off as the fancy takes me (the V30 speakers aren't hi-fi, so will add their own colouration).

If anything, the power amp is too powerful. Before I remembered it was lying around gathering dust, I was musing on the possibility of building something using 6L6s, but I now realise that would be overkill as well. Maybe something using 6V6s in push-pull, or single-ended 6L6s...

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...