Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Home use amps

What's Hot
shaunmshaunm Frets: 1642
I am going to guess this has been asked before but what amps do people use at home?

I'm looking at the cubes, Yamaha TH10s but are there any decent amps to look at for around this money that you guys recommend?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6408
    Awaiting a Blackstar ID10 - will review after Crimbo
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • I'm 99% sure this isn't the answer you're looking for, but my Jet City JCA50H and Soldano Decatone sound awesome at home volumes ;)
    <space for hire>
  • digitalscream;450771" said:
    I'm 99% sure this isn't the answer you're looking for, but my Jet City JCA50H and Soldano Decatone sound awesome at home volumes ;)
    I really hope jet city come out with an amp that's based on the same ethos as the current range (ie decent build and quality tone for low price) but a clean, fendery pedal platform.

I'd buy the shit out of that.
  • I really hope jet city come out with an amp that's based on the same ethos as the current range (ie decent build and quality tone for low price) but a clean, fendery pedal platform.

The JCA20HV might do the job - it's much cleaner than the existing range (except, perhaps, the JCA5212RC - that has the Lucky 13 clean channel, but it's a bitch to carry around).
    <space for hire>
  • digitalscream;450859" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

I really hope jet city come out with an amp that's based on the same ethos as the current range (ie decent build and quality tone for low price) but a clean, fendery pedal platform.

The JCA20HV might do the job - it's much cleaner than the existing range (except, perhaps, the JCA5212RC - that has the Lucky 13 clean channel, but it's a bitch to carry around).
    Yeah, I'll look into it.

I just want something that sounds like a 100-200 watt Marshall major, but in a 30 ish watt package that's easy to carry, reliable, well built and costs less than a Mars bar.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    edited December 2014
    Vox DA-5 for the past 3.5 years. I hook it up to my laptop as well, so I can play along with backing tracks or practice songs. The new version is the mini 5, I believe.

• Jalapeno;450749" said:

Oh really.....!!!
  • this afternoon as no ones in ive plugged into the VC30 212, turned it right up and watching the walls vibrate. usually I practise thru a laney cub or a kustom practise amp
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1653
    Jalapeno said:

I have an ID Core 40 here. Again you will have to wait until a good player with ears arrives to get an opinion.

I can say that compared to an HT-20 into a Greenback it is a bit lacking in treble, but then so am I!

Dave.

• I have a Core ID 20 - it sounds pretty good.

Though most of the time I play a Laney Ironheart 60W head at home.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a Roland Cube Lite and it's pretty damn good.  I run a Boss ME-80 into it but the amp models on the Cube Lite itself are very nice, especially the Clean and Crunch.   The built in reverb is lush.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    edited December 2014
    I use a Fender Twin and a Hiwatt Custom 50

they dont have to knock down walls to sound good. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1770
    edited December 2014
    10inch Princeton 68 custom? Maybe Tone King Falcon that has built-in attenuator? Cost a bit but that's quality tone at all volumes (looks cool at home too)
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12030
    I use a THR10
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4787
    edited December 2014
    midlifecrisis;450979" said:
    this afternoon as no ones in ive plugged into the VC30 212, turned it right up and watching the walls vibrate. usually I practise thru a laney cub or a kustom practise amp
    Yup, its only when my lot are out that I can ramp up my VC30-210 plus 1x12 extn cab, and I also normally otherwise use my Cub 12R. I love my VC30 but unless its pushed a bit, you just don't get anything like the tone its capable of.

I can use my big Vox AD120VTX plus AD212 cab at home very easily in 2x15w mode and even late at night either in 2x1w mode or even headphones. I can also use my two Marshall's at home quite easily - Valvestate 8080 and JCM2000 DSL401. And of course I can easily use my Vox Mini 3 at home; great for taking anywhere in the house...and in our front room its surprising how good it actually sounds with its little 5" speaker!

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Orange TH30. 7w setting sounds surprisingly full.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Vox vt15
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

Jalapeno;450749" said:

Oh really.....!!!
    Or not ... :(   The package from Amazon yesterday was definitely NOT an amp :(

Feedback
    Will be hitting the sales for a THR10C or ID10 if Santa doesn't come through

Feedback
  • So still waiting? 
    I've heard those Yamaha's are amazing...
    Why not the new Victory amps with low wattage output? ;D