Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Should I...

What's Hot
An old guitar of mine has come for sale. It's the only guitar of mine that I've ever regretted selling. Can't really afford it, definitely don't need it but I do hVe a hankering for it. Fb peeps Talk me out of it!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    no, wont talk you out of it.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • You're asking us to tell you not to buy a guitar that, by your own admision, you love? Good luck with that!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Buy it.
  • Buy it and sell another to cover the cost.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Yeah, go on. Not often you get the chance to rectify a past error.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    If you can afford it, buy it.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72376
    If you miss it that much, buy it. You'll probably never get another opportunity.

There are two or maybe three guitars I would buy back if I could, even if it meant selling a bunch of stuff I currently have.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    What is it?
  • Mate, you've got to buy it. If I had the chance to fix my One Big Fuckup in terms of selling guitars (an Epiphone Del Rey), I'd skip the rent that month. Sadly, there's no chance, because the next owner bought it solely so he could trash it on stage at a festival gig (I was there, and I could've killed him).

This isn't even a choice, as far as I'm concerned.
    <space for hire>
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    edited September 2013
    I'm sorry but you've posted this like it's a dilemma which it clearly isn't.

Buy it, if you find that it hasn't retained it's mojo you can sell it on again with a clear conscience. If it stretches the finances stop eating and breathing for a few weeks.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72376
    If I had the chance to fix my One Big Fuckup in terms of selling guitars (an Epiphone Del Rey), I'd skip the rent that month. Sadly, there's no chance, because the next owner bought it solely so he could trash it on stage at a festival gig (I was there, and I could've killed him).
    I know a bit how you feel - once I had a cheap Strat copy that I'd been given in some sort of deal - it was nothing special, just not bad, although it needed some work. I spent a fair bit of effort fixing it up, making it play well and put it in the shop to sell, thinking a kid would get a half decent guitar for not much money. But no... some moron bought it specifically to smash at the end of a gig so he didn't have to use his own guitar. I was furious - and that was only a cheap guitar that really meant nothing to me, other than the couple of hours I'd spent working on it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    edited September 2013
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615

Buy it... you will forever regret it if you don't

Cheers

Baz

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Mrs Doyle says:

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Do it. You made the mistake of letting it get away once, don't do it twice mate
  • mmm.   cheers fellas...  Negotiations will commence shortly I hope.
  • Buy it - RIGHT NOW...

I've made that mistake and wish I could get mine back
    followed by me saying...
    "I knew as the guy walked out of the door with my beloved guitar that I was making (read - had already made) a monumental mistake.  Nice bloke though which makes it easier.  One of those things I guess.
    It is the only guitar I regret selling, everything else felt replaceable, now I understand why."

If you can afford it buy it.

If you can't afford it, then sell a kidney, the cat, the wife, the kids, whatever it takes.

There is always another pay day, seldom another opportunity...

• Its for situations like this that I will never sell a guitar.  Even the crap ones are special to me.  I might loan one out occasionally to trusted friends and family but never sell.

• GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    Buy it

Just hope that when you get it back it's how it was when you let it go....i once let a nice little EVH copy go to a mate on the understanding that if he decided to sell it on he'ed give me first dibs on buying it back,he then just a week later sold it on to another mate of his who over a month or so totally butchered it and ended up breaking it down for parts,Ive since tried two more of the same copies and neither of them had the same feel as the first i (stupidly) let go :(