SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Humbucker P90's or Possible Guitar swap

What's Hot
ellangusellangus Frets: 250
edited January 2015 in Guitars £
Hi All,

I'm looking to buy a couple of HB sized P90's for my LP Studio.

I fancy a pair of Oil City Mighty Nineties, but thought I'd check on here first to 
see if anybody has anything before I pull the trigger?

JUST A FEELER!!!  

I'm also "CONSIDERING" the possibility of a swap! my 1996 LP Studio (Wine Red) or my Fender japan Strat in Sonic Blue (Relic'd) with Lindy Fralin Blues Specials for a Gibson LP Junior - Really not sure yet though, might just be GAS madness!!

Thanks
Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6405
    checkout Bulldog & Mojo offerings too
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    Jalapeno said:
    checkout Bulldog & Mojo offerings too
    I've had a look on their websites and neither of them seem to do HB P90's
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6405
    edited January 2015

Odd - I've bought a set of Bulldog HB P90s .... here they are ....

I think Hayden's possibly taken them off the website - but drop him a note. 

Ditto Mojo - he's got a prototype blade HB P90 in the works - scroll down 3 or 4 lines - https://www.facebook.com/Mojopickups?fref=ts

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774

I have a Seymour Duncan Phat Cat in the neck and a Tonerider Rebel 90 in the bridge of my SG. The PC is huge sounding and great for a Leslie West kind of thing. The Tonerider is probably more traditionally P90ish and does a great Pete Townsend on The Real Me sound(cue someone telling me he wasnt using P90s on that...)

Both are worth a pop. There are some nice Youtube clips of the Tonerider being demoed if i remember rightly.

• SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    Sorry, i didnt read that properly i thought you were looking for recommendations not buying!
    Samgb said:
    Sorry, i didnt read that properly i thought you were looking for recommendations not buying!
    No, you're right, I'm open to suggestions too. Thanks
    Jalapeno said:

Odd - I've bought a set of Bulldog HB P90s .... here they are ....

I think Hayden's possibly taken them off the website - but drop him a note. 

Ditto Mojo - he's got a prototype blade HB P90 in the works - scroll down 3 or 4 lines - https://www.facebook.com/Mojopickups?fref=ts

Thanks, I'll do that.
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    I might be able to offer a set of GFS Mean '90s, £45 for the pair posted?  (I just have to check something first).
    edited January 2015
    Richardj said:
    I might be able to offer a set of GFS Mean '90s, £45 for the pair posted?  (I just have to check something first).
    Thanks, but I'm going to pass on the GFS's - sorry
    edited January 2015
    JUST A FEELER!!!  

I'm also "CONSIDERING" the possibility of a swap! my Fender japan Strat in Sonic Blue (Relic'd) with Lindy Fralin Blues Specials and Callaham Trem Block for a Gibson LP Junior - Really not sure yet though!
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1455
    ellangus said:
    Richardj said:
    The GFS Mean 90's are actually VERY good and a great P90 type sound.  They're way more P90 than Duncan Phat Cats.
    I was under the impression that whilst GFS Mean 90's are very good for the money, there are better out there?

I can't stretch to Bare Knuckle prices, but I'm told that Oil City are a great option.
    edited January 2015
    Dodge said:
    ellangus said:
    Richardj said:
    The GFS Mean 90's are actually VERY good and a great P90 type sound.  They're way more P90 than Duncan Phat Cats.

Dodge said:
    ellangus said:
    Richardj said:
    I was under the impression that whilst GFS Mean 90's are very good for the money, there are better out there?

I can't stretch to Bare Knuckle prices, but I'm told that Oil City are a great option.
    edited January 2015
    Dodge said:
    ellangus said:
    Richardj said:

edited January 2015
    Dodge said:
    ellangus said:
    Richardj said:

Bump