Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Lottery price increase

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• blobbblobb Frets: 3101
    The Lottery was launched on my 25th birthday. My brother bought me a ticket with one row of numbers on it as a present "potentially the best 25th birthday present ever" Tight wad.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7402
    First time I've entered in years and I got 3 numbers which I think is £25?
    That's all my luck gone for the year. Won't be buying another.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12468
    So two winners split £66 million last night. I seriously wouldn't know what to do with that much. I could spend a couple of mill without too much trouble I think, but that's a mind boggling amount of cash.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4942
    You could probably buy Greece with it - free holidays for life!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • There is probably a super-legendary Les Paul somewhere out there worth that much... crafted by Les himself, played by JFK and with Beyonce's hair under the finish...
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7349
    boogieman said:
    So two winners split £66 million last night. I seriously wouldn't know what to do with that much. I could spend a couple of mill without too much trouble I think, but that's a mind boggling amount of cash.
    this is true. If you put it in the Bank then you only get £75k guarantee if they go down the toilet; If you put it in property or other you will need to manage your investment which could be more than a full-time job, so you would need to employ financial management co,. who could equally blow you off... Jeez - I just don't need that amount of stress in my life!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I think you'd inevitably end up giving a lot of it away, to charity, family, friends. Im sure most people wouldn't know how to handle such a massive win. I was watching a piece on the news the other day where a chav couple had won £1.8 mil. The wife has carried on working because she couldn't cope without the routine of the daily grind.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16858
    boogieman;929788" said:
    I think you'd inevitably end up giving a lot of it away, to charity, family, friends. Im sure most people wouldn't know how to handle such a massive win. I was watching a piece on the news the other day where a chav couple had won £1.8 mil. The wife has carried on working because she couldn't cope without the routine of the daily grind.
    I always wonder about people like that. I would need to find something to occupy my time and keep busy, but I have no shortage of ideas.

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    edited January 2016
    Note that Lottery winners who don't know what to spend the money on other than continue their current life are also usually the ones who opt for publicity when requested by Camelot. Tells you something about lack of imagination.

Quite different to those who just turn up, take the money into a completely new bank account, and run!
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26971
    edited January 2016
    boogieman said:
    I think it comes down to thinking outside your current life, which a lot of people find very hard to do. For example, I'd probably use half of it to buy land and fair-sized buildings in cheap locations around the country and set up dog rescues of significant size to take dogs out of the high-kill pound system. Not only is it a good thing to do, but it'd give me a purpose and something to occupy my newly-found non-working time.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Odds are far worse on the new lottery as you now have 59 numbers to choose from.

• 57Deluxe said:
    this is true. If you put it in the Bank then you only get £75k guarantee if they go down the toilet; If you put it in property or other you will need to manage your investment which could be more than a full-time job, so you would need to employ financial management co,. who could equally blow you off... Jeez - I just don't need that amount of stress in my life!
    Stress is dealing with a boss, stupid members of the public, the threat of redundancy, and commuting every day.

£30 million spread over a variety of trusts in order to keep it safe is a stress I would embrace happily. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Camelot offers each winner a Financial Adviser - not your ordinary type but a senior expert in a high street bank. That person will do all the grunt work in putting your money into safe places and setting up the income you want, accounts, cards, etc.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28350
    I won on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!

Only £25. And it was Premium bonds not the lottery.

I seriously think that adding 10 balls is utter shite, I hope the whole thing crashes and burns. Winning odds went from 15 million to 1 to 45 million to 1. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27502
    57Deluxe said:
    Stress is dealing with a boss, stupid members of the public, the threat of redundancy, and commuting every day.

£30 million spread over a variety of trusts in order to keep it safe is a stress I would embrace happily. 
    This! If you have £30m the first thing you do with it is get a good accountant and make sure it's well diversified to keep the bulk of it safe. 

I could easily spend a couple of million in the first month or so. Then I'd invest in all sorts, take time to travel lots, play a hell of a lot more music.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Just imagine being on Ebay and sniping everything with bids of £20 million.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom