Tim Farriss (INXS Guitarist) Severs Finger...Every Guitarist's Nightmare!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ftumchftumch Frets: 682
    I lost half my little finger on my fretting hand to an overhand planer years ago. Of course I'm not an internationaly recognised proffesional guitarist, or even that skilled at the guitar so actually not the same thing at all, but even so...you know....it hurt.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Perhaps he could learn to play left handed? He knows the theory and the licks already so it’s just getting the muscle memory. Obviously it’s easier said than done but having seen people play some amazing stuff on a guitar using nothing but their feet, I’m sure it’s achievable if he really wanted to.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7787

I would prefer to lose a finger than be decapitated, tbh.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    My aunt lost a finger many years ago. She was driving down a country lane and some idiot decided to pass her aggressively when there wasn't room. Her car turned over in a ditch and somewhere in the whole crash process her wedding ring was ripped off of her finger, taking most of the flesh with it. I can't imagine how painful that must have been, especially whilst being upside down in a ditch waiting for someone to find you. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    My aunt lost a finger many years ago. She was driving down a country lane and some idiot decided to pass her aggressively when there wasn't room. Her car turned over in a ditch and somewhere in the whole crash process her wedding ring was ripped off of her finger, taking most of the flesh with it. I can't imagine how painful that must have been, especially whilst being upside down in a ditch waiting for someone to find you. 
    Ring finger avulsion, I think it’s called. Jimmy Fallon, the American tv host almost lost his finger this way, too (he also plays guitar). It’s that not common, but is enough of phenomena that the medical world knows about it.
    As a doofus who falls over a lot and lost his wedding ring on several occasions, this has been my justification for not wearing a ring anymore.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom