Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What guitar did you always want but ......

What's Hot

Comments

• SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Nothing really.

Focus on what you want and then get it.
    Having 2 jobs is not gonna kill you.

Important: Having 2 jobs may kill you.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    A Jetglo Rickenbacker 360/12 WB - missed out on one a few years ago and not seen one since.
    We are all Chameleons...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • One day this will be mine...

I love these too. I think it's the astrojet element.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3331
    Being a huge nirvana fan I've always wanted a mustang, I have a kurt Cobain jaguar and I bought his sig mustang too, loved it but the pickups and radius made it feel odd and lack lustre. I know I'll try again as I love the looks but the sound is horrendous on the mustang
  • Skipped said:
    Nothing really.

Focus on what you want and then get it.
    Having 2 jobs is not gonna kill you.

Important: Having 2 jobs may kill you.

Lol!! :D
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited February 2015
    I've always, always wanted a black Les Paul Custom, they're the coolest fucking guitars imaginable and I feel like even holding one would make me look cooler and more rock and roll by a factor of ten.

Having played quite a few Les Pauls though, I know I should probably just leave it because they're too heavy, badly balanced, with crap upper fret access and are just uncomfortable to play. I'll probably never be able to truly get along with a Gibson LP but that doesn't stop me still wanting one of these more than my next breath:

And sadly, nothing like a PRS, ESP, even Carvin or Feline etc would do, because I'd only want it if it looked exactly like that.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    edited February 2015
    What he said. ^ I would also take a standard with a nice flame in lemon burst as a back up.....
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited February 2015
    Absolute top of my list is the same as the Axisus. There was a time in my late teens that I would have killed for a blingy Jem whereas now it's so far away from what I'd buy it's untrue.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    A VOS R8 or R9.  Can't see me ever having that type of spare dosh.  :-<
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • I always fancied a Kramer Nightswan. I like the dot markers going diagonally across the fretboard. Pretty difficult to find one these days.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    It was always a Vox Teardrop, but I've never found one that really does it for me. The other was a White Falcon thanks to Billy Duffy, but I borrowed one for a while and I just looked like a fat bloke shagging a fridge, so I can't see that happening either. 

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Gretsch Country gentleman and John Squire's ability...
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22945
    edited February 2015
    For a while back in the '80s, I really wanted a Hamer Steve Stevens model.  It was quite a unique design, very different from the Strat-derived HSS guitars other companies were making at the time - set neck, clever switching system.  Well suited to the smaller guitar player as well.

I'd still quite like one if it had a fatter neck and no Floyd.

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Back in the day, and almost every day since, I've looked at this with lust.

I'll never own an ML though, I'd just feel like a fraud every time I played it. Plus I'm fat and bald so how ridiculous would I look? :D

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    I have always wanted a top end Les Paul. But it always comes down to justification.

I don't gig much these days so having £2500 sat in the corner of my room in one guitar just doesn't make sense. I'd rather have three guitars totalling £1500 as that way I still feel involved in the guitar buying and selling game, which I love.

Maybe once the car is paid off then there is a chance but then my wife keeps talking kids and dogs so that might well be out of the window. Perhaps I have a 25 year wait for that les Paul in front of me?

Ah well, there's always a modded Epi
  • I have always liked the Gretsch Malcolm Young http://www.n-rjya.it/malcom.htm
  • RaymondLin;519385" said:
    I always wanted a Taylor Koa k24 or something similar.... But so expensive ! one day.
    Keep an eye out for one of last years 3-series Fall Limiteds; I bought one recently and love it, I was able to try it back to back with a K24 too and you really are just paying for cosmetics, they both sounded as good as the other and mine's hardly a slouch (imo) in the looks department anyway! :)

• Probably a Custom Shop Jazzmaster. I remember seeing a Dakota Red CS Jazzmaster on the Wildwood website a few years ago and was utterly smitten. It has been reliced in a most appealing way. Very realistic. I seem to think it was around $5000, which is way more than I'll ever have to spend in a guitar! Some of the CS guitars that Coda have are gorgeous too.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....