Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Please critique my band (positive constructive advice)

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Excellent. Well done. Absolutely the right decision and you never know who you might meet through acoustic duo work. In fact, why not get the bassist in on that gig and see if any one approaches regarding being a drummer? It'll keep the bond between you and the bassist strong which sounds like would be a good thing
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    Good choice, sounds like it could have been a long drawn out and miserable experience.

Playing in a band requires effort and commitment no matter what level your at or how often you gig.It should be fun and rewarding and never a chore.

Good luck and thanks for sharing your experiences. A useful reminder of the realities of playing in a band.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Just read through this saga (!) and you've done the right thing. 

I may have been spoiled by my last lot's professionalism but I couldn't work with a band like that. Every band needs a bandleader, but everyone in a band has a minimum requirement to 1) learn their shit 2) be able to play said shit once learned, and 3) accept constructive criticism because they want to improve.

Chuck an interesting-sounding guitarist available ad on gumtree and bandmix and see what happens :)

Wisdom awarded. Nail. On. Head.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom