Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NGD: Fender Custom Shop limited edition 59 reissues only 59 made.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ah, inteesting, I too have a 59 limited edition :-)image
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    @mattacjones thats lovely, they call mine a 59 but as its a dealer select they changed some things, like adding the 22nd fret locking vintage tuners and using Josephine (Abigails understudy) handwounds, so yours is more authentic than mine, and just as lovely!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4726
    edited February 2015
    Just had a look on GuitarGuitar - These are going for £2,499.

but if you want the same guitar with aged plastic parts, it's £2,899

Nice guitars I'm sure - but sorry, £400 extra for faded plastic is just taking the piss as far as I'm concerned.  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22998
    ^
    Those are two examples of the same guitar, surely.  The specs are identical, including the plastic parts.  I don't know why they've priced one £400 cheaper tham the other but it's not due to the knobs and scratchplate.

• GassageGassage Frets: 30930
    Wow- missed this....how a wowser. Lovely. And Martin is a wonderful man.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Thanks @Gassage, Martin was such a nice chap, I played numerous guitars most he suggested even after I bought the strat, with no push to sell, you can tell he has a genuine love for guitars, it's now my number one shop and will be buying for there again.....i def need a small valve amp in the front room to compliment this strat...... Dam gas...
    edited February 2015
    Philly_Q said:
    ^
    Those are two examples of the same guitar, surely.  The specs are identical, including the plastic parts.  I don't know why they've priced one £400 cheaper tham the other but it's not due to the knobs and scratchplate.

It doesn't sound right does it?! - I've just dropped them a line requesting some clarification.  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    Oooh wil be interested to find out...
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10306
    Lovely guitar @mrchi

My favourite colour on a Strat.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    Thanks @breakstuff its not as vibrant as the usual sfg guitarguitar requested it to be faded which I think looks great :-)
    edited February 2015
    OK guys, Paul from Guitar Guitar kindly came back to me on the pricing anomaly:

Hi Rich,
    Thanks for your email.
    I've had a look at the pricing, it's simply that #R73155 was purchased more recently at a higher trade price, #R72851 is an older guitar which cost us less.  I hope that makes sense, if you've any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.
    Kind regards,
    Paul.

So I can understand it's an unintended price anomaly caused by purchase timing.  But to a prospective buyer, whichever way you look at it, it means the aged plastic version is costing £400 more (which is the ONLY difference between both guitars).  However,  if someone wanted the aged plastic version, I'm sure Paul would always be open to discussing a deal!  ;)
    mrchi said:
    Thanks @Gassage, Martin was such a nice chap, I played numerous guitars most he suggested even after I bought the strat, with no push to sell, you can tell he has a genuine love for guitars, it's now my number one shop and will be buying for there again.....i def need a small valve amp in the front room to compliment this strat...... Dam gas...
    Did you see or play the Melancon i've almost bought 5 times? WOWSER.

edited February 2015
    @Gassage, He had a melonchon! I must have been sold, I love them and have always wanted to try one.... I suppose that was a good thing tho, as I would have been coming home with 2 amazing guitars! Are you coming to the show at the end of the month?your guitar collection is legendary and would love to see some of them?
    mrchi said:
    @Gassage, He had a melonchon! I must have been sold, I love them and have always wanted to try one.... I suppose that was a good thing tho, as I would have been coming home with 2 amazing guitars! Are you coming to the show at the end of the month?your guitar collection is legendary and would love to see some of them?
    I can't- I'm in Ireland for Eng/Ire game. I have offered my Pedalboard to the event though, if somone can pick up and bring back.