Song sheets

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10453

I can see both sides here ..... both are useful but the ones with bar lines do enable you to play songs you have never heard before as they effectively tell you when to change chord ....  however if you kinda know the song in your head but can't figure out the chords quick enough in your head then the basic cheat sheet is useful 

In my experience though neither is any good at a gig if you use any kind of light show as you generally can't read shit on stage  :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24428
    Well, @Hywelg, your songsheets are exactly like mine, and very useful they are too.  If some folk can't manage to play them from your sheets, that's their problem.  Thankyou for putting them online to share.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    edited February 2015
    @Emp_Fab, how could we create a shared resource so that they will be available in perpetuity? I dont mind leaving mine in my Dropbox but I wont live forever   :-O

A Fretboard Dropbox account?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitariguitari Frets: 19
    @hyweig good idea - thanks for sharing
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    Thanks for those @hywelg, appreciate the effort. I've got a few that I've put together that are useful for the musicians, excepting the drummer, but not sure if we can consider them proper musicians anyway ;) 

Here's an example of what I use which gives the sections (including bar lines ;) ) and then the arrangement:

I'm sure a library would be useful.
  • paisleysoulpaisleysoul Frets: 60
    edited March 2015
    These are awesome!

As long as i've been playing covers, these are what I've been given in one shape or another. Sure if there's a specific lead part you might do some ear work or dig out a tab, but for general playing these are perfect. Even better they leave room for making your own notes, which gets thumbs up.

Though i'm learning Nashville charts at the moment...whole different animal!

Some kind of pool of tracks would be great, i'll have a dig.
    Some more about me, my music and my record label: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/luke-crook/22/18/537