Home Practice Gear

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Zodiac51Zodiac51 Frets: 340
    Another +1 on the vanilla THR10

I took mine to band practice once any everyone was totally blown away with the sound of it, can't keep up with a drummer unless he has an electronic kit though ;)

What does it for me is just how touch sensitive they are, just roll back the volume a little and they clean up beautifully. The other thing that is so great is how fab they are if you want to jam along with some music, the way they sit "in the mix" is just awesome.

There is a patch called "dotted 8th delay" set the time to 350ms, change the gain a little, get out your Herdim pick and it's instant "Streets Have No Name" :\">
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lexie1Lexie1 Frets: 135
    Brilliant little boxes aren't they. ;)
    Best piece of equipment to come out in years in my "ever so umble" opinion
    >:D<
  • Another good relatively cheap option is a Zoom G3. Great through headphones or stereo speakers. Has a drum machine, looper, amp modelling is nice, loads of effects and it runs for hours and hours on a set of rechargeable AA batteries.

• kelv_wkelv_w Frets: 260
    Agree on the Zoom G3, it's so easy to navigate and see what you're doing. So much options when combined with the THR :) 

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I had a G3 and liked it, but it's not right for what I want now (simple good sounding at TV volume plug and play with it's own speakers and headphone option). Plus being good looking enough to sit nicely in the living room. The answer to that is the THR10. 

Only had a quick play with it so far and it's fulfilling my brief perfectly. 
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    TBH my use of PODs is simple laziness. But fuck me a POD into a monitor is way less hassle than setting up my small amps, so more time playing and less pissing around.