Has the Bluguitar Amp 1 died before it got going? Nah!

What's Hot
firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 367
edited March 2015 in Amps
After all the hype and wondering it seems that now they are available there's no more interest. No new videos on YouTube for ages.....has it been overhyped?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28350
    I'd say it's still early days. I'd love to try one but they are probably more dosh that I would want to fork out. Music radar gave it an absolutely glowing review, I was just reading it two days ago as it happens.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17785
    tFB Trader
    axisus said:
    I'd say it's still early days. I'd love to try one but they are probably more dosh that I would want to fork out. Music radar gave it an absolutely glowing review, I was just reading it two days ago as it happens.
    What this man says. 

I'd love one, but they are a bit pricey ATM.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3340
    I put up a post about these on the BluGuitar thread. Good bit of kit, great spec and decent sounds but too pricey at £595. If these were around £300-350, they'd probably be flying off the shelves!
  • If it sounds great I don't think it's particularly over priced considering it's got the amplifier built in. If it had built-in programmable FX as well then I think it'd be a world beater....the obvious next evolusion if this one is successful?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    100w means I guess its aimed at the gigging player, and I suspect many of them will have to see it on the road being used by others before they get converted to it. Its a very functional item so its probably going to suffer from the lack of aesthetic appeal too (bit like similar line6 products).
  • Doesn't sound expensive to me, four channels in a small package with power to gig? If it sounds anywhere half decent, it's good value. Hopefully it's reliable and fixable too.
  • It would be great to see one atthe Brum Guitar Show eh? Thomas where are you?
  • JasonJason Frets: 1106
    tFB Trader
    I think JHS are bringing it, Thomas is in South Africa at the moment
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30319
    The website doesn't give much away and I can't be arsed to watch a 20 minute demo of it. Is it just a nano tube preamp driving an SS power section. Can't see how they could get a 100 watt tube power amp in that tiny box.
  • Sassafras said:
    The website doesn't give much away and I can't be arsed to watch a 20 minute demo of it. Is it just a nano tube preamp driving an SS power section. Can't see how they could get a 100 watt tube power amp in that tiny box.
    The valve is in the power section combined with a class D amp. The preamp is analogue solid state..
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 898
    I like the idea of one, but I don`t like the way it looks. As most of us guitar players are a fairly conservative bunch, I can`t be the only one thinking that!

Also, I am puzzled why anyone would want an amp on their pedal board? It`s 100w, so aimed at gigging musicians. Seems more than a little daft for a gigging musician to move his amp from the safety of on top of the cab onto his pedal board, in the direct line of fire from drinks from ever present drunken dancers. It`s bad enough having pedals down there. Not a problem if you have a nice big stage, but not many of us are in that position.

In saying that I hope Mr Blug does really well with this - he`s a really nice guy and a great player. 
  • Now in stock at Peach... but looks a bit pricey compared with GuitarGuitar!

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitar-amps/guitar-amps/bluguitar-amp1-head-pedal-amplifier-.htm

£100 cheaper... but not in stock yet...

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_amps_detail.asp?stock=15022611290432

• That's a result!
    I can't say what it's worth, but I'd have been infinitely more interested around the £300 mark.
    a bit cheaper again, £475.86 at Thomann
    tFB Trader
    At the price Thomann have got it up for I'm seriously thinking about getting one if it sounds decent.

What I'm really pleased to see is that the MIDI adapter is an inline cable that costs £35. Being able to control all of the features as presets from my MIDI switcher is a pretty awesome proposition. I think that's where Source Audio made a bit of a mistake as they require a £75 box with external power and two cables.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    I can't say what it's worth, but I'd have been infinitely more interested around the £300 mark.
    Looks like £300 could be the used price in a couple of months....
  • At the price Thomann have got it up for I'm seriously thinking about getting one if it sounds decent.

What I'm really pleased to see is that the MIDI adapter is an inline cable that costs £35. Being able to control all of the features as presets from my MIDI switcher is a pretty awesome proposition. I think that's where Source Audio made a bit of a mistake as they require a £75 box with external power and two cables.

Me too, I'm interested also in what it sounds like direct through the PA...

tFB Trader
    This vid makes it sound really good:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep, Hope we get a chance to try it on Sunday.