Has the Bluguitar Amp 1 died before it got going? Nah!

What's Hot

Comments

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1785
    exocet said:
    Too late...credit card bent.

Lol, you don't hang about do you?! I'd agree that reading this thread has resulted in some serious gassage, it looks like an excellent bit of kit (although out my price range considering it would only get home use)
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1968
    BigMonka said:
    exocet said:
    Too late...credit card bent.

Lol, you don't hang about do you?! I'd agree that reading this thread has resulted in some serious gassage, it looks like an excellent bit of kit (although out my price range considering it would only get home use)
    That's the joy of Credit Cards...I've now got 55 days and counting to regret my decision. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hope this shows how it reacts to guitar volume, Classic channel...
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    OK lets give this a go then

• GG just announced they have them in stock at £489
    And back it goes to Thomann....haven't even opened the box so can't comment on it. Decided that it wasn't going to solve anything for me so went and bought another guitar instead........
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17785
    tFB Trader
    exocet said:
    And back it goes to Thomann....haven't even opened the box so can't comment on it. Decided that it wasn't going to solve anything for me so went and bought another guitar instead........
    Excellent, as soon as it appears as B-Stock I shall buy it :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Should be back by end of next week :)
  • Cabicular said:
    OK lets give this a go then

Interested to know how you got on, I'm still lovin' it...
    Sounds great and easy to transport. I don't have enough Solo boost available though (this is one thing the exp pedals do exceptionally well on the M13
    I've changed the EP Boost for an EWS simple volume control rather than put a volume pedal in (this is supposed to be a small rig)
    I'll try that I might replace the TS clone with the Okko diablo I just picked up if I can fit it on
  • firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 367
    edited March 2015
    Glad someone else likes it, thought I was on my own there for a bit.....
    Do you get a brief dropout when engaging the boost though?
  • I noticed that but not enough to be a pain IMO. I actually used my BB Preamp pedal for boost as it was more accessible on my pedal board. The Remote 1 controller would be good if you do alot of switching.
    OK complaints
    The boost drop thing is not a deal breaker (live) but its annoying and shouldn't be there
    Recording that would be a problem
    Secondly I understand the ergonomics but more prominent switches would be very helpful
    The adjustment knobs around the side is unforgivable. I know the idea is to set it and forget it but when you have it mounted on a board it is impossible to do any adjustment on the fly without unintended consequences
    The recess pad switch on the base ... Ok you don't need to do it often but seriously Why on earth recess it like that?
    It is noisy... They have hidden it with the suppressor but I hate having them on because the kill my harmonics as they start to tail
    I'm still not convinced by the slightly fizzy top end all the distorted channels seem to have.

The Good stuff
    The clean sound is really nice
    The distorted sounds are gutsy and work well in a band context
    It's small and light and fits on a Pedaltrain
    The FX loop is really good 
    It makes rehjearsals a breeze

• Cabicular said:
    OK complaints
    The boost drop thing is not a deal breaker (live) but its annoying and shouldn't be there
    Recording that would be a problem
    Secondly I understand the ergonomics but more prominent switches would be very helpful
    The adjustment knobs around the side is unforgivable. I know the idea is to set it and forget it but when you have it mounted on a board it is impossible to do any adjustment on the fly without unintended consequences
    The recess pad switch on the base ... Ok you don't need to do it often but seriously Why on earth recess it like that?
    It is noisy... They have hidden it with the suppressor but I hate having them on because the kill my harmonics as they start to tail
    I'm still not convinced by the slightly fizzy top end all the distorted channels seem to have.

The Good stuff
    The clean sound is really nice
    The distorted sounds are gutsy and work well in a band context
    It's small and light and fits on a Pedaltrain
    The FX loop is really good 
    It makes rehjearsals a breeze

Have you used the clean/lighter crunch sounds/ plexi style sounds with pedals?

Interested in how they each take overdrive, distortion and fuzz pedals.  A plexi with a Boss distortion tends to sound epic, so if this gets half way there, it's still money well spent. 
  • Actually thinking about it I agree with you on all points. The fiddly stuff on the side is a PITA. With regards to fizzy top end, I've tried pushing the master and keeping the channels lower which seems to fatten it up. Still, I reckon the package as a whole is great and all the sounds are really useable which to me is all I want. It was actually the clean sound at the Guitar Show which virtually sold it to me on the spot.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I like it despite its flaws ... it does a lot of things right.
  • At band rehearsal last night I noticed the footswitches often don't latch. It must be that you need to give it a good confident stomp. I can't see Thomas Blug gigging it for a year and a half and not picking that one up.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17785
    tFB Trader
    exocet;565772" said:
    Should be back by end of next week :)
    And now it's mine :)

Well done. I have to say that I really rate Thomann service. Didn't cost me anything to return it. Dare say I've lost a few quid in the process but nothing significant. Did you get a discount? I didn't even open the box!