The Best Cider Thread

What's Hot
IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
Went down to Cornwall for the weekend and tried a Pear Cider called Rattler it's lush any other recommendations?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17661
    tFB Trader
    Aspels is the ultimate cider. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Roger Wilkins and Neil Worleys
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited October 2013
    Ianpdq said:
    Went down to Cornwall for the weekend and tried a Pear Cider called Rattler it's lush any other recommendations?
    remind me what county you live in again....... ??..................

Draught
    Thatchers  FTW  

Addlestones  is pretty fair too

Bottled
    Sandford
    Perry's

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

Scrumpy, in a plastic gallon container at Reading Festival in 1978. Complete with wasps, toenails, and assorted other pieces of shite. I don’t remember that Friday at all, which was good because I hated punk rock.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    bertie said:
    Ianpdq said:
    remind me what county you live in again....... ??..................

What you on about Bertie ?  :D

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15611
    had a few good ciders from local suppliers (including my own, should be a good year this year) but the best I had was actually a guy from Norfolk (Attleborough I think), can't remember his name, but he does the country shows in the East and is instantly recognisable.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• Aspal is the ultimate cider. 
    spelling correction, but otherwise seconded. I like the "Draught" even when it comes in bottles. Recently I discovered their "Imperial" cider, its a lot darker in colour, slightly less fizzy, a bit gloopier in viscosity, and at 6.5% one hell of a lot stronger. And I loves it :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3991
    I used to work in an award winning cider pub.  The favourite maker amongst the drinkers and staff alike was Biddenden....

http://www.biddendenvineyards.com/category/ciders/

If we got a barrel of this on it would go in a few hours, easily.

Another good one was this  http://www.gwyntcider.com/gyd/
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    Ummm strong cider tastes of impending sick.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    I have very fond memories of drinking cider in Brittany, where it is bottled like champagne. You need some sunny weather and some stinky cheese along with it though.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Hecks
    My V key is broken
    edited October 2013
    Ianpdq said:

do you, or do you not hail from Zummerzet ?  and then you go to the dregs of the west country to drink cider, passing through the second best zyder producer on the way..................and then ask for recommendations.

Rattler is the stuff of nightclub goers and hip festival types who know no better

Wicker man  for you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Regular apple Rattler for me. So much so I brought a case of it home from St Ives a couple of weeks back!

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    I'm no expert but Weston's Organic has always struck me as very pleasant.  I did lose control of my legs for a while after drinking four or five bottles though - having not realised that it's about 8%.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    RobDavies said:
    I'm no expert but Weston's Organic has always struck me as very pleasant.  I did lose control of my legs for a while after drinking four or five bottles though - having not realised that it's about 8%.

similar story,  mrs bert bought be a bottle or two a couple of years back........no idea what it was (the strength)  was out doing some gardening on warm saturday....... came back in to watch a rugby tour game..........poured me self a nice cider..........downed it in about 10 mintutes..........went to get another, couldnt hardly get out the chair  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15611
    that's the issue with cider, it's very easy to drink. I generally can't drink more than 6 pints of ale without being full up, however I can drink a lot more cider, until I have to stand up...

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Cider irritates my stomach, so a int is hard to get down :(
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    bertie said:
    Ianpdq said:

do you, or do you not hail from Zummerzet ?  and then you go to the dregs of the west country to drink cider, passing through the second best zyder producer on the way..................and then ask for recommendations.

Rattler is the stuff of nightclub goers and hip festival types who know no better

Wicker man  for you
    If you read I was asking for recommendations on PEAR cider Zummerzet is well known for Scrumpy and I do know all about that arrrr :D

• DavidReesDavidRees Frets: 335

David likes cider ... but nice bottled stuff not the 'industrial' served in too many places

• If you read I was asking for recommendations on PEAR cider Zummerzet is well known for Scrumpy and I do know all about that arrrr :D

Pear cider isn't cider cider is made from Apples! With that as I'm gig less tonight so  off to the pub for a few pints of Addlestones and maybe a game of skittles
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom