What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    edited May 2017
    RobDavies said:
    ThtFlink_Poyd said:
    not so much fizz but very smooth 
    That's four bottles of circa 7% cider now...... Not sure I'd be able to walk, let alone play shooters on the PC, after that.
    I'm hopeless at shooters sober so it doesn't make a lot of difference.  That was the first tonight. Here's the next victim

Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3907
    Our lass loves that Cockins. She loves Cummins too. 

Sorry.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Aspalls is my favourite draft cider 6 pints is guaranteed great night at any gig
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I would like to order a few boxes 5 or 10L  of cloudy draft cider for an upcoming BBQ anyone have any suggestions
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 248
    Definately another vote for Biddendens! 
    Love the stuff!
  • capo4th said:
    I would like to order a few boxes 5 or 10L  of cloudy draft cider for an upcoming BBQ anyone have any suggestions

Go local. 

Westons stuff isn't bad, as are other producers on here like orchard pig and chaplin+corks, but if you want *properly* lovely stuff, find a local one. They're mostly amazing, and you'd be pleasantly surprised at the prices :) 
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    Another vote for Biddenden cider here. They're just up the road from me (literally, about three minutes away) and they're very good at getting themselves out to local beer festivals and whatnot - a good, proactive, local business ...with a super delicious product. (hic)

The draught Stowford Press at my local is way nicer than the stuff you can buy in bottles, so that deserves mention.

Also, of the not-really-cider ciders, my absolute favourite is Rekorderlig Pear - there's nothing quite like it as your first pint on a sunny afternoon.

And, for the sake of mischief, I must also mention Brothers Toffee Apple cider. Feed it to other people's wives at summer BBQ's (like you'd give sweets to the children of your siblings) and watch the hilarity unfold!

Not much of the gear, even less idea.