'Knackered Jack and the Resistors' UK 'Lollapaboozer' Tour 2015

What's Hot
AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
edited July 2016 in Live
After the roaring success of the guitar show after party and various discussions since i have decided to form a Jam Session band.
Many people are already in bands, that's cool. This isn't commitment heavy.
The band and interested audiences will meet every 4 weeks at various locations around the country for 'Jam Sessions'.

Willing applicants must:

Like Beer
Know how to have fun
Be Willing to learn songs at home so we all have a vague clue of what to do when these events happen
Know how to leave politics and problems at home and rock out with friends old and new

Willing applicants for guitar, bass, drums and should we be so lucky even keyboards and vocals, post here and lets start having some fun.

The First event is looking like May 30th in Walsall.

Let's do this !
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Great idea. Would love to join in and the Manchester do would have suited had it not been on my daughter's birthday.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    @monofin

The rehearsal after the NW gasfest will be the end of May
    The dates for these things can be shifted around to suit everyone so if you want to join in, please do.

It doesn't matter if the band has 16 guitarists as everyone will have their own idea of what songs they want to play and won't be all on stage at once so (To a point) as many who want to be involved, can be. It's just a jam session but with some semblance of order to the songs and some home practice in preparation. 

Some will be able to make it to certain events and some won't so in that way, the more people willing to get involved in this the better.

Think of it as an 'Organic' Line up !

You guys in ?
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    @alnico
    Thanks. Haven't played in any sort if live situation for many many years so the concept of having some songs to learn sounds good and would give me a bit of confidence to get up and play
    Colour me interested (also I need to show my new feline off somewhere)
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27602
    Great idea @alnico - an organic band where people come & go based on location, availability, etc.  brilliant.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Sounds good, I'm in for the first one at least! A list of a few songs would be good maybe stickied?
    -

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Nice one, I'm definitely "in" for Midlands based shenanigans (of course subject to availability/family commitments and all that).
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Count me in on drums or bass and BVs for anything I can get to! 
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    If you're ever in the south-east I might be up for guitar or bass?
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    If you need a tambourinist, I'm your man.
    My V key is broken
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10285
    If your ever in Grimsby,please,for your own sakes don't ask me.

Trust me,you'll regret it :)
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3078
    not_the_dj;564531" said:
    Nice one, I'm definitely "in" for Midlands based shenanigans (of course subject to availability/family commitments and all that).
    I'll come to any Midlands gigs but I think you'll have many more suitable applicants... so I'll just be there as a punter. Great idea btw.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• Sounds like fun. I'm up for bass duties.

Given the nature of the band, can i humbly suggest "Travelin Band" by CCR for the set list :)
    In jazz, no one can hear you scream
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Thank you everyone. It sounds like this has some momentum.
    I will be sitting down this weekend to plan this out properly and update this thread with all the plans and ideas...........could one of the mods sticky this please? @TTony @DigitalScream @Monquixote ?

@JohnnyBradford that's a great idea and a great song which kind of encapsulates what I'm trying do here. My original idea was to bring back the old fashioned jam nights but to put our own stamp on it and to take it 'on the road' as it were.
    I think 'Travelling Band' could and should become our opening number as it's a good song to get stuck Into and it's a great opener.

More details to follow.............
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    TTony said:
    Great idea @alnico - an organic band where people come & go based on location, availability, etc.  brilliant.
    Does that mean we can play the same set list at every location?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    I can do the Manchester thing, rivvem guitar.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    @Roland
    Yes that's part of the idea.
    There will be rehearsal sessions at studios which will not really be for an audience and then the next time after that it will be may even a pub for a proper jam session, then there will be gas fests to play at and so it opens up all kinds of possibilities.
    If there is a core set list but lots of people willing to contribute then the songs will always appeal to someone and then when we are at one of the actual jam sessions there is the spontaneous element of people getting up and suggesting songs for us to try out there and then, so moving away from the practised set list.
    The energy behind this came from a basic question. ..........
    Why is it so hard to get a band together these days, when 25 years ago everyone just wanted to play and enjoy themselves and it was difficult to stop them.
    What I've tried to put together with this is a fun but practical solution to bring it all back to the days of fun and for the sake of the music.

Hope that made sense.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Hmmm...gotta be some Stones in there, don't there? Gimme Shelter? It's Only Rock 'n' Roll? Sympathy For The Devil?
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7292
    Bucket said:
    If you're ever in the south-east I might be up for guitar or bass?
    I'd be up for something in the south-east potentially too. In descending order of competence guitar, bass, drums.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    IanSavage said:
    Hmmm...gotta be some Stones in there, don't there? Gimme Shelter? It's Only Rock 'n' Roll? Sympathy For The Devil?
    Consider it done.
    Gimme Shelter really needs the maniacal female vocal to bring the song together but it's not impossible to sort that out.
    The other two are easy enough.
    Suggestions for songs welcome and i will work on comprehensive song sheets for everyone in a PDF that i can send to everyone interested. 

Yes the travelling band will be in the southeast before the end of summer.
    I have said that it will be every 6 - 8 weeks but that's just a rough estimation to keep it from becoming too commitment heavy. I personally would be happy to do this once a month so it may well be more frequent in different parts of the country and the organic nature of a constantly shifting line up means that no one is under any pressure to attend every single event.

If the people who would like us to visit your area could do a little local scouting for venues, studios (For rehearsal) and PA hire, that would be a massive help to me for planning.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I can do the Manchester thing, rivvem guitar.
    Nice one

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1